Hide
15 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for information rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle McPheeters
msg tools
I am anxiously awaiting this game to come out. I was wonder if anyone had any new information or maybe knows when the kickstarter is starting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No recent news beyond what is currently in the forum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know for sure it's gonna be a kick starter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be surprised. Plaid hat are very anti kickstart it seems (although this is not only their project).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, though at the very beginning of the project (last year), Rob Daviau announced that kickstarter was considered for this game, it was later stated by the plaid hat guys that it finally won't be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Bless them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not expect much to come out until after Dead of Winter has hit the shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't care, day one order/pre-order/backing regardless how it's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob Daviau said a few months ago that "they will make a decision on Kickstarter within a few weeks" - being a few weeks at the time, which has long past, so I would presume that they decided against it and didn't bother explicitly stating they weren't using KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It'd sure be swell if someone involved such as Rob Daviau were to go on a podcast to discuss the state of the game and so forth.

Yeah...

That'd sure be swell...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Söder
msg tools
mbmbmb
Rob just tweeted new Seafall pic:
https://twitter.com/robdaviaugamer/status/485951156183916546
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
SuppiLo wrote:

Thanks! Sadly, Rob's also saying that the game probably won't come out this year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
SuppiLo wrote:

Thanks! Sadly, Rob's also saying that the game probably won't come out this year...

I am okay with it coming out next year as long as it is done right. I see no reason to rush something. I appreciate the Rob is taking his time and producing a quality product.

Also, I uploaded that twitter pic to the Game Gallery, so go mod it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say- my perspective on this game has changed substantially since Pandemic Legacy has come to light and had a tiny marketing push from Z-Man. Risk Legacy and Pandemic were the two games that got me started in this hobby, and I'd actually screwed around with design ideas for combining the two together.

SeaFall, therefore, enters this kind of different space for me. I'm now assuming it will come out later and that the specific content (as opposed to the legacy mechanisms) will have to really grab me. I wish I had my original group from Risk Legacy together so we could move through all three games together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
I have to say- my perspective on this game has changed substantially since Pandemic Legacy has come to light and had a tiny marketing push from Z-Man. Risk Legacy and Pandemic were the two games that got me started in this hobby, and I'd actually screwed around with design ideas for combining the two together.

SeaFall, therefore, enters this kind of different space for me. I'm now assuming it will come out later and that the specific content (as opposed to the legacy mechanisms) will have to really grab me. I wish I had my original group from Risk Legacy together so we could move through all three games together.

I can state that during last night's playtest, it became abundantly clear that SeaFall is not the same as Risk Legacy at all... I can't speak for Pandemic Legacy, because I haven't been involved with that play test, but SeaFall is radically different from Risk Legacy in terms of feel, game style, and inventiveness of game mechanics . I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.