Subject: Possible Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
A question asked on the Black Industries forum caught my interest:
http://forum.blackindustries.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7486

Q. Do you guys have any intentions of releasing the Talisman Board game?
A. Can't say anything on this right now I'm afraid.

I take that as meaning "maybe", which surprised me since Black Industries have had nothing to do with board games so far. Anyone know anything more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
A. Can't say anything on this right now I'm afraid.

Sounds like an extremely typical NDA answer, meaning he literally can't say anything. It doesn't hint at yes or no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just that I thought that Black Industries would have no involvement in board games. If they'd been asked "Are you going to be producing tins of tomatoes soon?" they would say "No, we don't manufacture foodstuffs." Or if they'd been asked "Are you going to be releasing a Warhammer 40,000 Squat armylist?" they would have referred the enquirer to the correct place to ask such a question. So by not denying it, they're saying they might have something to do with it. IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why they would. They haven't had any intentions of reprinting it since they made the 3rd edition a decade ago.

They wouldn't even had reprinted the limited 3rd ed. two years ago if wasn't because someone else coughed up the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly off topic I know, but you prompted me to do a quick Talisman search on the net and I found this interesting little page on the history of Talisman, written by the designer:

http://www.harris-authors.com/talisman.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charly M
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So cruel to get my hopes up with this topic, only to find out it's neither true nor false.

Mostly, I just want to find the parts to 2nd and 3rd editions I missed, at a price I can afford... Not likely anytime soon. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If BI did give Talisman a treatment I would hope that they would do so with the same eyes they had for thier edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy:
"Best Second Edition Ever!"

They really streamlined that system, and I've always felt talisman was a bit clunky in some ways. Don't get me wrong, I love it, if just for pure nostalgia, but as I've grown so have my tastes and a retreatment of talisman with the same amount of pure love put into WFRPG could be a dream come true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
thesama wrote:
...but as I've grown so have my tastes and a retreatment of talisman with the same amount of pure love put into WFRPG could be a dream come true.

Pure love? Sorry, got to disagree there. Seems to me like they're milking the WFRP cash cow for all its worth. Version 2 is a pale imitation of the wonderful original. /OT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
But Talisman would be the sort of franchise that would benefit from a good milking. A big problem with the 3rd edition was the lack of expansions.

And if they change something you don't like, it should be a small matter to change it right back.

Simple. Flexible. Robust. Its almost impossible to screw up a Talisman reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Its almost impossible to screw up a Talisman reprint.

Then put your money where your mouth is!
GW are no fools - they will sell a license if the price is right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I wish someone would reprint this game and their expansions.i remember as a 9 and 10 year playing this game at a friends house, it was pure magic. and i have been searching for it ever since, and until recently forgot the name shake but now ive found it. just wish i could find the game and its expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osama Bin Davis wrote:
I wish someone would reprint this game and their expansions.i remember as a 9 and 10 year playing this game at a friends house, it was pure magic. and i have been searching for it ever since, and until recently forgot the name shake but now ive found it. just wish i could find the game and its expansions!

Oh they're out there Hamez, I see copies (and expansions) drift through Oz eBay quite often.
It's just a small matter of keeping your eye out and arranging the terms of your second mortgage with the bank manager :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.