Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I started painting my miniatures from Descent and I started of with washing them as usual then I made the mistake of trying out Armory brand primers... It was a mess my mini came out looking like a fuzz ball... So i used Purple power and cleaned it off and went with a walmart brand primer.. Worked like a charm spent a couple hours paining the mini till i got it looking really nice.. Then I decided to try out the clear dull coat that I had bought when I bought the Armory primer... It looks like a frosted snow man... Leson learned

STAY AWAY ARMORY PRODUCTS AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Armory primer isn't the best primer out there, true. (Personally, I highly recommend The Army Painter line of primer. Testor's is also quite good.)

However, another thing to realize is that humidity can fuzz out even the best primer. If the humidity level gets too high, DON'T PRIME. If you absolutely, positively MUST get some painting in, and you live in a tropical jungle like Central Texas in the middle of summer, get some brush on primer and use it instead. Valejo makes a good black paint on primer that I recommend.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol I live in San Antonio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Cooper
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Try the dull cote on the frosted figure again, but do it inside the house if you can (to get away from the high humidity). It might just fix the figure and get rid of the snowman look. Besides, you have nothing to lose by trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brody Lipperman
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
D6 Desparados
mb
coopman827 wrote:
Try the dull cote on the frosted figure again, but do it inside the house if you can (to get away from the high humidity). It might just fix the figure and get rid of the snowman look. Besides, you have nothing to lose by trying.

After you spray it again, stick it about 3 inches away from a light bulb as well. The heat will help it to dry properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried Armory primer. It's not great, but definitely not horrible. You do have to know when to prime and how far away to hold the can and apply the primer.

It's not as easy and point and shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that it is not point and shoot. I have been painting minis for almost 20 years. Just thought I would try a cheaper product than the normal Citadel or Army Painter products and I was not pleased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It had the Comic Sans "warning label" on it.

Is there anything that uses Comic Sans that's decent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's generally a cold weather consideration, but the release of propellant can have a chilling effect on the can and cause coverage problems. It can help to heat a pot of water (NOT WITH THE CAN IN IT!!) and use that to warm the can. And of course, lots of shaking going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
It had the Comic Sans "warning label" on it.

Is there anything that uses Comic Sans that's decent?

This. Immediate disqualification for use of Comic_sans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.