Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Splice Humans with Spider DNA strategy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richie Tran
msg tools
I've played this scheme twice and have been completely dominated, once with Carnage and once with Mysterio. I use randomized heroes from an app. I'm using advanced solo rules so it's seems my deck is easily KOed by Feast or Mysterio gets too many tactics to finish off before the villain deck runs out.

Any tips since the Sinister Six themselves are hard to hit because of the +3 attack, and scheme twist just brings them back into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
It would be easier to give advice if we knew the specific hero setting you were using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Tran
msg tools
Currently just the core set and PTTR since I lack the sleeves for the other sets. The first game against Carnage was Black Cat, Spider-Man, and Spider-Woman. The Mysterio game was Cyclops, Deadpool, and Spider-Wonder. The Carnage fight heroes were my picked by me, the Mysterio fight was random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Okay,first and foremost, it's easy to forget but this scheme enables all heroes to have Wall Crawl. This can be very useful in your carnage scenario as you can always buy fodder especially pick pocket or any of the spiderman cards that are really cheap.

It also means that in the first couple of turns, you can easily buy Astonishing Strength Spiderman put it on top of your deck and set yourself up for a high recruit couple of hands in the beginning.

Other than that, go for the Spiderman cards only when you have left over recruit since there aren't enough 2 cost card in the scenario to work with it plus Caranage will narrow your deck to take the ones you already have.

Stay the heck away from Arachno Pheormones. It has insane cost and does nothing for you. Your cards will have wall crawl anyway.

Blackcat and Spiderwoman cards are both high end costs for mediocre attack. You should aim to get them but only after you've gained enough recruit so your hands won't be too low recruit too low on attack.

Mysterio is one of the strongest villains for solo play.
But your scenario actually gives you a good team against it.
Cyclops is your best bet. He can get rid of Mysterio all by himself. Especially if you get uncommon and rare.

Deadpool is a bit tricky. Cyclops have mostly even cost cards and all of spiderwoman's cards are even. His recruit card adds bystanders to villains and if they escape that's a discard. So be warned about it.
His rare card adds a lot of attack so it's more than worth it.

Spiderwoman goes in between. Again, high costs but between her and cyclops recruit, you have a lot of big recruit for a low cost so it's less of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Tran
msg tools
Did another try with Magneto as the mastermind with Black Widow, Deadpool, and Symbiote Spider-Man. I'm not generating enough fight power to take out any Sinister Six member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
SoljaRTT wrote:
Did another try with Magneto as the mastermind with Black Widow, Deadpool, and Symbiote Spider-Man. I'm not generating enough fight power to take out any Sinister Six member.

Haven't tried that specific combination. But with those trio, I would suggest go for black widow.

She is one of the strongest heroes in the game for solo play. Both her common cards fill you up with by-standards that can add up quickly (even when twists force you to go down to 3 cards or magneto's discard master strikes) and her uncommon can easily generate 15+ attack by themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.