Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just trying to be sure I understand how the Vault and Science works

Science: If on the 1st round I have 2 cogs, I can score the 4VP section? And I never use cogs again right. Meaning that I can now score either 1 or 3 Compass or tablets. Please correct me if I've misunderstood

Vault: At game end for every 2 coins I have I score 1 point, or every 3 coins I have i score 2 VP, meaning if I have 6 coins at game end I score 4 VP? If this is so, you just keep track of total coins in the vault for each age and can use them in subsequent ages?

Thanks for the help.

Printing this out very soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Anft
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Christopher, thanks for the post!
I am glad that there is still some interest in this game... which makes me want to return to the expansion quite soon...

Onwards to your questions:

TopherMel wrote:

Science: If on the 1st round I have 2 cogs, I can score the 4VP section? And I never use cogs again right. Meaning that I can now score either 1 or 3 Compass or tablets. Please correct me if I've misunderstood

That is entirely correct!

TopherMel wrote:
Vault: At game end for every 2 coins I have I score 1 point, or every 3 coins I have i score 2 VP, meaning if I have 6 coins at game end I score 4 VP? If this is so, you just keep track of total coins in the vault for each age and can use them in subsequent ages?

The vault only has space for three coins. When you aquire them doesn't matter anymore (it did in an earlier version).
Whethere you aquire them by rolling them, or by trade (someone else "gives" you their coin, while they get to use one of your resources).

Once you have coins you can use them again - by crossing them off. If for example you want to trade with a neighbor on your turn.

However, should you keep your wealth - and not use your coins (or at least not some of them), then you get one victory point at the end of the game for two unused coins. Or two victory points for a full vault.

In the expansion there will be ways to keep a larger amount of coins in the vault.. but till then, three is the limit!

PS: Be sure to post about your creation here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/174411/what-print-n-play-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

I just finished putting the pieces together and am looking forward to giving it a try with some friends on a camping trip this weekend - should be a great tiny game for camping as it's so portable!

Thanks for your hard work on this. If I get enough plays in, maybe I'll do a review, since I see that the forum is lacking a review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.