United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay.

So I played a "Portal" card. I placed my portals. My opponent then played his "Summon Swarm" card, since the timing phase was the same.

He placed two of his swarm tokens on the hexes where I placed the portals.

HERE'S THE QUESTION: since the "Portal" card says to "ignore terrain effects of hexes containing portal tokens," and the "Summon Swarm" says to "treat each hex containing a swarm token as blocking terrain".........

...do I need to worry about those swarm tokens? Or are they nullified for this turn, because they are "terrain" in hexes containing portal tokens?

brain melting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
While you treat each hex a swarm token is in as blocking terrain, the swarm tokens themselves are not actually terrain. The other effects of swarm tokens (forcing you to stop and potentially take damage) are not terrain effects - only the "blocking terrain" part is a terrain effect.

Thus, Portal does not really do much against swarm tokens. While moving, you would ignore the blocking terrain effects, but blocking terrain doesn't have any effect on movement anyway (blocking terrain just means that it blocks line of sight). So if a swarm token was placed on one part of a Portal, it would still stop movement when a unit enters that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
...that's what I was afraid of. Oh, well. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.