Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what are everyone's favorite gaming accessories?

Could be things like a dice tower, the dice shield, counters, metal money, individual game upgrades, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:

Could be things like a dice tower, the dice shield, counters, metal money, individual game upgrades, etc...

a table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep those dice towers off my table! Waste of space if you ask me.

Accessories I enjoy include micro pimps like the cheese tokens here:

I also dislike small cardboard tokens (I'm looking at you Fantasy Flight) so I try to upgrade those as well. In The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game I use glass beads in different colors instead of the included wound, resource and adventure tokens. Wooden hearts and blood drops from Meeplesource is also a good replacement.

And I sleeve everything.

A table is nice as well laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice cups. A billard felt table cover. And poker chips to replace paper money in certain games. Also side tables for drinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Dice cups. A billard felt table cover. And poker chips to replace paper money in certain games. Also side tables for drinks.

What would you recommend for a good felt table cover? I am currently using two fold out tables, but would like a cover for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a piece of billard felt at a billard store and brought it to my seamstress, who made a table cover out of it:

It looks good, you can pick up cards easily without damaging their edges with your nails and it muffles the sound of dice bouncing on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
Tweezers and my dead swami cups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dprijadi wrote:
DanKD wrote:

a table

pretty grateful for these nowadays. Crawling around on the floor
to game was bad enough when my knees weren't shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:

I have a 36" x 48" transparent polycarbonate sheet that I can throw over a game board to keep things from sliding around or getting food/drink on it. It also makes the surface less slippery, so pieces stay where you put them. I like it a lot.

Pete (wants to get another one but they seem to cost more than his games do)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
DanKD wrote:

a table

Make that a big table.

Games like Eldritch Horror or Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island taught me a lesson about the relativity of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denny Lau
United States
Shelby Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
I have a 36" x 48" transparent polycarbonate sheet that I can throw over a game board to keep things from sliding around or getting food/drink on it. It also makes the surface less slippery, so pieces stay where you put them. I like it a lot.

I use one for Catan. It keeps all the tiles in order.

The silicone cupcake sleeves are great for holding bits and money while playing. These also make it easier to sort after the game is over.

I like the mini (7 gram clay composite) poker chips for money. They are just slightly larger in diameter than a quarter, with a nice heft and unique sound when they hit each other. You can get 300 for $10.

I use the plastic cubes from EAI Education (1000 pcs. for under $20) for bits that are lacking quality. They have many things I use for print and play games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xmanden wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

I use one for Catan. It keeps all the tiles in order.

The silicone cupcake sleeves are great for holding bits and money while playing. These also make it easier to sort after the game is over.

I like the mini (7 gram clay composite) poker chips for money. They are just slightly larger in diameter than a quarter, with a nice heft and unique sound when they hit each other. You can get 300 for $10.

I use the plastic cubes from EAI Education (1000 pcs. for under $20) for bits that are lacking quality. They have many things I use for print and play games.
You and I are two of a kind. Some time ago I found battery trays that I use for sorting bits. I have the EAI cubes and a stockpile of wooden cubes from esty.com (they have holes in them but are smaller than the EAI cubes). And I just bought two sets of the mini poker chips two days ago!

Pete (chuckles)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
being a dice game fanatic... my dice tray. I love the look, feel, and usability of this one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A place to talk about gaming without being in fear of being banned all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I bought a piece of billard felt at a billard store and brought it to my seamstress, who made a table cover out of it:

It looks good, you can pick up cards easily without damaging their edges with your nails and it muffles the sound of dice bouncing on the table.

Same here, have a big piece of felt (it is some kind of poker mat that i turn up side down) and I really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.