Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Heron
Poland
Krakow
małopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules as written, it appears this card allows a player to remove as many damage cards as they want, with the only penalty being that the affected ships cannot act during the current turn. Is that right? If so, it seems overpowered to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Paul,

The repair card can be very useful..
(and frustrating to your opponents)
especially if you have a capital ship just hanging in there..

but...
1/ you have to have the repair card in your hand when you need it*
2/ you have to have opponents that are happy to just damage ships rather than select ships for destruction** and
3/ you are happy not to use that ship in your turn that you are repairing it**.

*The optional rule that lets you buy cards at the start to use whenever you want makes this easier.. but still points 2 and 3 above apply as well as you having 1 less VP to spend on a -4 Hard to stop Cruise Missile card.. etc..

** I try not to just damage ships.. they are easier for other players to sink and claim VP and my opponent gets to use them until sunk..

*** If my CV is only slightly damaged and isn't at high risk - it 1 or 2 Air Strikes may be more valuable to me winning than playing it safe and repairing it.. only to lose it next turn to an enemy Air Strike....

paulh76 wrote:
According to the rules as written, it appears this card allows a player to remove as many damage cards as they want, with the only penalty being that the affected ships cannot act during the current turn. Is that right? If so, it seems overpowered to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.