Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Zombie 15'» Forums » General

Subject: Replay value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
I am curious about the replay value. After you complete the structured missions, can you easily make scenarios yourself that are fun?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smat008 wrote:
I am curious about the replay value. After you complete the structured missions, can you easily make scenarios yourself that are fun?
Here are a few points about replayability:
- First of all, it should take quite a while to complete all 15 scenarios, because some will definitely take several attempts to succeed.
- When you successfully completed a scenario, the randomness in both decks (Zombie and Search) will still make every game quite different and leads to somewhat different decisions to make.
- If you want more challenge once you completed the whole campaign, you can try it again with the 3rd track on the CD, which features zombie growls every 40 sec (instead of 60).
- A free Map Editor will be available to download on the official website when it's up. It will make it easy to create your own scenario. Once the game is out, I'll ask Nicolas and Guillaume if they have any designing tips to share for fan-made scenarios.

I hope this helps.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a lot of replayability...

...Will there be expansions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badgerthebrave wrote:
Thats a lot of replayability...

...Will there be expansions?
That's up to the designers, but we definitely hope so…
5 bonus scenarios and a solo campaign are already on their way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this supposed to hit game stores in the U.S.?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
When is this supposed to hit game stores in the U.S.?
It's planned for a Gen Con release, and should be in stores around the same time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
badgerthebrave wrote:
Thats a lot of replayability...

...Will there be expansions?
That's up to the designers, but we definitely hope so…
5 bonus scenarios and a solo campaign are already on their way.

Will the bonus scenarios be ready for Essen?
Does the soundtrack CD get repetitive, the more you play?
And is there a deluxe, painted, super pimped version of the base game planned?

lol....ignore that last question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badgerthebrave wrote:
Will the bonus scenarios be ready for Essen?
Actually, they should be available from the (upcoming) website even before the game is out at Gen Con. My advice is to stay away from them before you complete the base game campaign, to avoid any spoilers (they officially continue the same story line, being Scenarios 16-20).
badgerthebrave wrote:
Does the soundtrack CD get repetitive, the more you play?
I heard it hundreds of time, and I'm still not tired of it. But if you are someday, we're working on an alternative soundtrack unlocked during the KS campaign, which should also be available from the website before the end of the year.
badgerthebrave wrote:
And is there a deluxe, painted, super pimped version of the base game planned?
Actually, 2 giant, 3-D versions of this game have been made (one in Europe, the other in the US). They're not for sale, though, but you can play them on various shows (the next being Gen Con, obviously - for which registration is up on the event's website - then Essen, Cannes, etc.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
we're working on an alternative soundtrack unlocked during the KS campaign


You are DOING a KS campaign or you HAVE done a KS campaign?

I look forward to seeing the giant one at ESSEN
Thanx Matthieu
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badgerthebrave wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
we're working on an alternative soundtrack unlocked during the KS campaign


You are DOING a KS campaign or you HAVE done a KS campaign?

I look forward to seeing the giant one at ESSEN
Thanx Matthieu


Kickstarter was in February.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/zombie-15?ref=bgg...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:


ZUT!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.