Subject: [NYC] Saturday 7/26 from 9:30am-6pm: Come play a megagame! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noam Strassfeld
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
A friend and I are running a megagame, you should absolutely sign up if you're free because it's going to be AMAZING. We're going to co-run it with the Brooklyn Strategist and we will probably fill up soon so sign up if you're interested!

The aliens have landed and it's up to the nations of Earth to unite... or not.

Or at the very least, pass some UN resolutions and try not to spy on each other too much. And then there's all that interesting alien tech floating around in the grey market...

How will it all shake out? There's only one way to find out:

A MEGAGAME.

What is a megagame? It's like a game but bigger. Mega-bigger.

Part RPG and part board game, Watch the Skies brings together 30-45 players who will play on teams as various nations and the alien visitors. Each nation is made up of a team fufilling different roles: the Foreign Minister, the Top Scientist, the Military Chief, and the Head of State. The Foreign Minister will hold talks with other countries and the UN. The Top Scientist will research new and alien technologies. The Military Chief will control the military and the spies. The Heads of State will listen to his advisers and ultimately call the shots for his nation. And the aliens... well, you'll have to play the game to see what they're up to.

Inspired by the recent megagame episode of Shut Up and Sit Down video a group of passionate gamers are excited to bring Watch The Skies to the United States. The game will last approximately 8 hours. All materials will be provided by the hosts, as well as breakfast and lunch. For more information on the megagame please go to http://www.megagame-makers.org.uk/megagamet-wts.htm.

For those of you that watched the Shut Up and Sit Down episode: we've worked with the game designer to change any aspects that were spoiled in the video. Don't worry, you'll have a completely unique experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be noted that this is a commercial an event with a $40 ticket price. Not saying it's not worth it, just that it's something you might want to include mention of when promoting it. Hope it's a good time for all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noam Strassfeld
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
It's actually not a commercial event but a community building event; we want to start doing this every 2-3 months with different megagames. The ticket price is $40 but we're not making any profit off it, it all goes to the food, supplies and renting the space in NYC for 9 hours. I'd love for this to become a regular thing where I can play and not run it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies for the misuse of the word "commercial", my point was simply that you should include the price when you're promoting an event. (whether for profit or not)

Hope it goes well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noam Strassfeld
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
No of course you're right, I should have put the price in the original post, let's just say I'm a dingbat/don't think things through

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.