Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question came up tonight regarding the red potion on the 6 side of the monster dice. Once rolled, does it just become part of the reward? Or is it tied to that specific dice? As in, If I roll a 6, and an opponent casts the gust spell or tangles the dice away, will I still get that potion as part of the reward or will I not get it anymore since the dice it was tied to is gone?

On a similar note, I assume that when rolled in combat, they go to the active player and not the assistant? That is to say, unless agreed upon beforehand as part of the conditions for the help, they are not open to negotiation once rolled? Examples:

I can make "I get all of the potions that drop from sixes" a condition for helping.

I can't agree to help and then when a six is rolled say "I think we should roll and on a 1-3 I get the potion and on a 4-6 you do", since I have already committed to helping by the time the new potion is added and I have no ability to walk away?

The next logical question is how reach/scout work into this equation, as those abilities give you additional chances to walk away after you've agreed to help someone.

Any clearing up you can do for me would help, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Coates
United States
Payson
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
A six that has been removed from combat still awards a potion.

A six that is rerolled does not.

Reach and Scout do not give additional chances to walk away. They let you see rolls before combat and nothing else. They are unrelated to asking for assistance.

Assisting is pretty simple from my view:

1 - You must do what you agree to do (so it's dangerous to say "I'll help you no matter what.)

2 - Once you commit to fight a monster, it is too late to pick an assistant or avoid the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoates2 wrote:
Reach and Scout do not give additional chances to walk away. They let you see rolls before combat and nothing else. They are unrelated to asking for assistance.

I was referring to the fact that, as an assistant I could agree to help, Scout, see a thought monster who rolled sixes, and then say "I'm not going to help anymore unless you give me those potions." This is possible because as an assistant after agreeing to help I can still use my Reach or Scout and then decide not to help anymore, so they give the assistant another chance to walk away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tylorlilley wrote:
Scoates2 wrote:

I was referring to the fact that, as an assistant I could agree to help, Scout, see a thought monster who rolled sixes, and then say "I'm not going to help anymore unless you give me those potions." This is possible because as an assistant after agreeing to help I can still use my Reach or Scout and then decide not to help anymore, so they give the assistant another chance to walk away.

As an assistant, you can't agree to help, use Scout, and then choose to walk away. All agreements in game are binding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have been mistaken in my interpretation of the rules then. Thanks fellas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.