Subject: Rainbow Guard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Parks
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb

I apologize if this is something incredibly obvious, but I've looked through the cards and read the rulebook, and then did a Find on the PDF of the rulebook, and then searched on the teh Interwebz.

Where the Heck are the Rainbow Guard? Brienne of Tarth has abilities tied to them, but where are the rules that determine if a unit is or isn't part of Renly's Rainbow Guard? Bryce Caron is described as a member of the Rainbow Guard, but has no rules for them either.

What (and where) am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a trait that only Brienne's unit and Bryce's unit have. It wouldn't make sense to give standard units that trait, because the Rainbow Guard wouldn't fight for anyone but Renly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rainbow Guard, just like the Kingsguard, consists of seven single persons, not units. Certainly Renly had more people guarding him - but those are just guards, not The Rainbow Guard.

Thus, only commanders can reasonably be expected to have the Rainbow Guard trait, and currently we have only Brienne and Bryce Caron. I certainly expect that if any of the other members (Loras Tyrell, Emmon Cuy, Guyard Morrigen, Parmen Crane, Robar Royce) show up in a future expansion, they'll get the trait, too. As Lord Commander, Loras should certainly get a few abilities related to the Rainbow Guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.