Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I was hoping you guys could help me out on this one. I followed the DDD campaign on kickstarter but due to financial reasons, ended up passing on backing it at the time. Today I saw a copy at my local gaming store, and it was 40% off! This lead me to thinking, "I remember the KS looking great, why is it on sale already? Was it a dud?". So now I am here, hoping for your help.

After reading through a number of the comments on KS and the forums here on BGG, it's clear to me that something happened along the way that a number of people are upset with (misprints, bad rulebook, etc). Without reading into the issues any further, I have a couple of simple questions:

1. Is the base game playable/unplayable with the core rules?
2. Is it worth buying? It's currently at a deep discount.

Any other information would be appreciated. I was surprised to see it on sale (I was surprised to see it at all really...) but I want to make sure I don't waste my money on something that will never hit my gaming table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on sale already for the same reason Sedition Wars was put on sale so quickly, most of the market that wanted it bought the kickstarter.

The game certainly has its flaws but I enjoy it. If I was you, I'd buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doe Gibson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a revised rules file you can download, and yeah, it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xavarir wrote:
1. Is the base game playable/unplayable with the core rules?
2. Is it worth buying? It's currently at a deep discount.

1- The rules that come in the box are somewhat playable. However, you will have a much better experience with the game if you download the official REVISED RULES here on BGG.

2- If you like challenging horror themed games with some tactical play then most definitely!! The core box is more than enough to keep you and your group entertained for a long time. There's simply a lot replayability each time because of the house setup, and random zombie and fire spawning. In fact, most people that kickstarted it don't use the expansions often (except for the extra creatures) based on what they've written in the forum. The game is challenging enough without them. So, at a great price, you should definitely get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me this game to allot of backlash, not cause of the designer but cause of the way the kickstarter was handled and the first rules not being that great.

For me with the new rules, this is one very thematic, fun, hard, customizable coop game. Just need to get a few more plays to really get it but my first two plays are very promising. It also has some mechanics i never seen in a game.

I would get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game took a serious amount of fire because of how the Kickstarter was managed.

The game is fantastic. Get the revised rules from BGG (they're not a HUGE difference, but they tweaked a few things and it reads a hell of a lot nicer). There are some fantastic player aids here on BGG, which may or may not be updated to the updated rules... and lastly, get the Official FAQ, which corrects printing issues.

Oh, I didn't say "get the game?" I thought it was implied. Definitely a good buy if you like highly customizable co-op games with huge replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game. I'm noticing few games sell well at retail after the KS because those who wanted it got it and the hype is way down by the time the game hits retail.

The core box has ALOT of replayability.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses! Looks like I'll stop in and pick it up on my way home!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your group likes co-ops at all or if you like solo play pick it up. As others mentioned, print the revised rulebook from the files section. Enjoy the Dark!
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Buy it,

but please... check the box first for the content!
A lot of backers here reported that some main content from the base game is miussing too. Seems poor quality control. Maybe the reason of the manufaturing decision in Europe..., poor European labor workers...,
Hmmm, my German grandfather told me "before, everything was better before..." devil

Caution: sarcasm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.