Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend has been coaching Blood Bowl Goblin team for so many years and she is getting into warhammer Invasion slowly but with some reservation.

Originally she was very excited about this card game but when she found out there are no Chaos Dwarves, Bretonnian, Norse, Goblins, Beastmen decks she has stopped getting involved but still wants to know about the results of our W.I game night.

One of the beautiful things about Blood Bowl is you could build any faction and bring them into any game and play.

I would like to surprize her and purchase enough Goblin cards to form a Goblin Deck.Regretfully I do not have all the mini packs and deluxes but is anyone ever tried to build a Goblin team ? I am sure I can throw in couple of Orc Quest cards that is not a problem Or include a Neutral Giant in the deck. I also saw a female Dwarf girl (unique card) with a picture of Goblin beside her so I am not sure if that card can be used as a Goblin ??

At the same time I do not have the budget to purchase 4 or 5 copies of one deluxe to capture duplicates of same Goblin units

If you think this can be done, I just need a guidance.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The goblins are part of the Orc faction, but there are a couple of ways that a deck that has a strong focus on goblins can be made. First goblins work really for rushes. Many of the goblin units are small and cheap, so they can come out fast. a goblin rush deck with a snotling invasion can knock an opponent out before they get going. The issue with rush decks though is that if they slow down at all they have very little to fall back on.

An odd numbered deck that focuses on two goblin units that have huge powers if the top card is odd can also be the focus of a goblin deck. This deck is a bit more reliable from game to game, but it is build around two key units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
That is very interesting since we witness one of our girl friends has Skaven Deck and her style of play is also rush style and she has defeated many of us with this theme. It would be so fun to see a goblin rush style go against Skaven.
Its a bit frustrating for me to slow her down with my Chaos deck

Thanks again for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Well it's almost all goblins anyway. Here you go...
http://deckbox.org/sets/397527
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl 4 ever wrote:
Originally she was very excited about this card game but when she found out there are no Chaos Dwarves, Bretonnian, Norse, Goblins, Beastmen decks she has stopped getting involved but still wants to know about the results of our W.I game night.

You can make Beastmen decks, I kinda remember seeing someone recommending a mostly pure Gor deck awhile back. There are also a bunch of Norse cards in the Chaos faction. I'm not sure if you can do a pure Norse deck with them, but, again, they certainly exist.

There are also Bretonnians, though, unfortunately, only three or four, so you really can't do a Bretonian deck, though you can slap them into a Wood Elf deck if you really want to. No Chaos Dwarves though, I'm not sure why they got the short end of the stick.

EDIT: Typo >.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why post that deck then delete it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea...its gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.