Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to totally ruin the main rulebook (not the Campaign one) by spilling coffee on it. gulp

I contacted MultiMan Publishing customer service asking if they could email me a pdf of the rules so i can print it on my own. I didn't ask for a replacement paper rulebook so there are no costs involved.

I sent two emails and i haven't receive any reply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't super attuned to email, but they do have excellent customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
They aren's super attuned to email, but they do have excellent customer service.

So how can i contact them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the

problems@multimanpublishing.com

email address? I've used that in the past and they have always responded in a reasonable amount of time.

However, I don't think there is an official PDF of the ASLSK rules to send you. (I vaguely recall hearing mention of their contract with Hasbro being the reason.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Are you using the

problems@multimanpublishing.com

email address? I've used that in the past and they have always responded in a reasonable amount of time.

However, I don't think there is an official PDF of the ASLSK rules to send you. (I vaguely recall hearing mention of their contract with Hasbro being the reason.)

Indeed - I would be quite surprised if there's an offical pdf. OP Might be best off giving them a call, explaining the circumstances and requesting a physical replacemwent.

My experience of MMP customer service has been 100% positive - no quibbling and happy to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know that it's not so easy to phone them from Greece. You could try posting politely in their CSW forum:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?8@@.ee6d502
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Geo, no worries. MMP customer service is top notch. It's as everyone has said. MMP is not a hotspot of technology. Email is leading high tech over there. Sometimes, I have to email a couple of times.

Dropping a polite reminder in their ConSim folder usually gets immediate results.

As far as I know, there is no PDF of the ASL rulebooks. Looking at the support section on the MMP website confirms this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:

Funny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
So how can i contact them?
Call them (+1 410-729-3334)
(I live in Switzerland, so the time difference is about the same as for you, and the international calls are low nowadays).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Geo,

Accepts our apologies.

Please, send a email to "problems@multimanpublishing.com" and CC Brian Youse, attach your shipping address, and we"ll make sure you gets taken care of.

Best Regards
Multi-Man Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko3 wrote:
Hello Geo,

Accepts our apologies.

Please, send a email to "problems@multimanpublishing.com" and CC Brian Youse, attach your shipping address, and we"ll make sure you gets taken care of.

Best Regards
Multi-Man Publishing

Thanks! Brian Youse's email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Christopher said, please use problems@.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:

Email sent, but so far i got no reply back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are aware that this is a long weekend in the US. They may close the shop sooner. Their customer service is excellent. Calling is usually an excellent option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
perrycocke wrote:

Brian and the front office may be formulating a more detailed reply, but the short answer is we don't have a pdf to provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
GeoMan wrote:
perrycocke wrote:

Brian and the front office may be formulating a more detailed reply, but the short answer is we don't have a pdf to provide.

It is strange in the age of the Internet and instant communications that a company with "great customer service" - as the others say here - still hasn't "formulated a reply" to a customer's emails...

I wonder, if in the near future i buy another game from MMP and something is missing or is misprinted, how long should i wait to get an answer? Not to mention the missing/replacement item...

Maybe the "great customer service" doesn't apply to the other side of the Atlantic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

Maybe the "great customer service" doesn't apply to the other side of the Atlantic?

I've received great customer service from MMP and I'm in Europe.

I would also bear in mind that in this instance you're asking for a replacement component due to your own misadventure. MMP have no obligation to replace rulebooks which you've accidentally destroyed. So, I think you ought to consider that MMP may not treat your communication as their number one priority. A liitle patience might be called for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

I've received great customer service from MMP and I'm in Europe.

I would also bear in mind that in this instance you're asking for a replacement component due to your own misadventure. MMP have no obligation to replace rulebooks which you've accidentally destroyed. So, I think you ought to consider that MMP may not treat your communication as their number one priority. A liitle patience might be called for.

I only ask for a reply to a customer's email. Not a free replacement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that MMP has the updated SK1 rulebooks available for sale separately. I would just order one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
I notice that MMP has the updated SK1 rulebooks available for sale separately. I would just order one of those.

That has rules for infantry, but not guns or vehicles, so would be insufficient for Decision at Elst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelgabriel wrote:
That has rules for infantry, but not guns or vehicles, so would be insufficient for Decision at Elst.

Ah, right... sorry, wasn't paying close enough attention to the context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.