7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imp vs Future Perfect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all, I've got a quick question about these 2 cards. As the runner, can I attempt to steal future perfect and then imp it if I fail to steal or do I have to choose one or the other when I access the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you would psi game, then you could trash, but since it it still not installed, you would need to psi again, when accessing in archives. The card is a pain in the butt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you would be able to Imp it before having to play the psi game.

Imp says you can trash a card that you access, Future Perfect says when you access it, play the game. I know the runner can use paid abilities first then the corp has a go.

Regardless you still have to Psi Game it in the archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Got you covered: https://twitter.com/rukasufox/status/472160817094225920

So yes, the Psi game happens first, then you can choose to Imp it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmylegs wrote:

Imp says you can trash a card that you access, Future Perfect says when you access it, play the game. I know the runner can use paid abilities first then the corp has a go.

100% no. The psi game on future perfect is a when accessed ability. These must resolve before any other abilities can be triggered.

Page 9, Column 2, Question 7, FAQ 1.4 wrote:

Can the runner trash an accessed card with Demolition Run before any "when accessed" conditional abilities resolve?
No. The card must be accessed before Imp, Demolition Run, or any other similar effect can be used to trash it, just as if the runner was paying its trash cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
OK so I can do both when I access FP with imp. Thanks for the info everyone. If FP is sitting in archives then the corp can't score it and will need to use a card to get it out of there or ice up archives to defend it if not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jimmylegs wrote:

"When Accessed" abilities happen first. Otherwise, Ambushes would die to Imp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.