Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » Rules

Subject: Eater of Hope/Multiple Target Damagers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is the Eater of Hope after all. Yes it does 8 damage to each troop and it's brutal as hell. Your best bet is to destroy it before it attacks by using the Erebus Stealth suit or a combination of drugs (the one that gives you first strike) and bombs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Well it is the Eater of Hope after all. Yes it does 8 damage to each troop and it's brutal as hell. Your best bet is to destroy it before it attacks by using the Erebus Stealth suit or a combination of drugs (the one that gives you first strike) and bombs.


The wording on the card is indeed quite ambigous unless there is a definition in the rulebook on how multiple target attacks are handled. If there is no precise definition in the rulebook, I would recommend clarifying this card's text.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went off of how other cards are worded. Being from a CCG background, I read these cards very literally. And in a literal sense it says that it attacks the first two troops, which means 2 separate attacks to me.

There are other cards that distribute the damage (ie: the chainsaw) and they are worded accordingly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Well it is the Eater of Hope after all. Yes it does 8 damage to each troop and it's brutal as hell. Your best bet is to destroy it before it attacks by using the Erebus Stealth suit or a combination of drugs (the one that gives you first strike) and bombs.


This boss along with more than several of the others makes me think the Command Center will be one of the strongest roles - not just for bonuses that aren't situational (card draw/cost reduction), but for the timely use of the orbital strike in wave 3.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Hampp
Austria
flag msg tools
Caibre wrote:
I just went off of how other cards are worded. Being from a CCG background, I read these cards very literally. And in a literal sense it says that it attacks the first two troops, which means 2 separate attacks to me.

There are other cards that distribute the damage (ie: the chainsaw) and they are worded accordingly.


But it doesn't say attack, it says "[]deals its damage to the first 2 troops []" Never says it attacks both. So maybe you split the damage?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horus86 wrote:
Caibre wrote:
I just went off of how other cards are worded. Being from a CCG background, I read these cards very literally. And in a literal sense it says that it attacks the first two troops, which means 2 separate attacks to me.

There are other cards that distribute the damage (ie: the chainsaw) and they are worded accordingly.


But it doesn't say attack, it says "[]deals its damage to the first 2 troops []" Never says it attacks both. So maybe you split the damage?


this is actually a good question
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.