Subject: Eater of Hope/Multiple Target Damagers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is the Eater of Hope after all. Yes it does 8 damage to each troop and it's brutal as hell. Your best bet is to destroy it before it attacks by using the Erebus Stealth suit or a combination of drugs (the one that gives you first strike) and bombs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Well it is the Eater of Hope after all. Yes it does 8 damage to each troop and it's brutal as hell. Your best bet is to destroy it before it attacks by using the Erebus Stealth suit or a combination of drugs (the one that gives you first strike) and bombs.

The wording on the card is indeed quite ambigous unless there is a definition in the rulebook on how multiple target attacks are handled. If there is no precise definition in the rulebook, I would recommend clarifying this card's text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went off of how other cards are worded. Being from a CCG background, I read these cards very literally. And in a literal sense it says that it attacks the first two troops, which means 2 separate attacks to me.

There are other cards that distribute the damage (ie: the chainsaw) and they are worded accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:

This boss along with more than several of the others makes me think the Command Center will be one of the strongest roles - not just for bonuses that aren't situational (card draw/cost reduction), but for the timely use of the orbital strike in wave 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Hampp
Austria
flag msg tools
Caibre wrote:
I just went off of how other cards are worded. Being from a CCG background, I read these cards very literally. And in a literal sense it says that it attacks the first two troops, which means 2 separate attacks to me.

There are other cards that distribute the damage (ie: the chainsaw) and they are worded accordingly.

But it doesn't say attack, it says "[]deals its damage to the first 2 troops []" Never says it attacks both. So maybe you split the damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horus86 wrote:
Caibre wrote:

But it doesn't say attack, it says "[]deals its damage to the first 2 troops []" Never says it attacks both. So maybe you split the damage?

this is actually a good question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.