Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

when questing successfuly can I choose NOT to put progress tokens on quest?

Similar question for Legolas:

If he kills monster, can I choose NOT to use his response and don´t put any progress tokens on quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, No, you can't opt out of progressing like that. It's a pretty key part of the game, managing your questing.

For Legolas however, yes, it's a Response, not a Forced Response, so you can choose not to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nigel's response is totally correct, but just to be absolutely clear about the response trigger:

Page 23 of the manual:

Manual wrote:
Responses are denoted by a bold “Response:” trigger on a card. Responses are always optional, and can be triggered by their controller in response to (i.e. immediately after) a specified game occurrence.

Legolas:

Legolas wrote:
Response: After Legolas participates in an attack that destroys an enemy, place 2 progress tokens on the current quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I wasn´t sure about questing, but I was quite sure about Response. Thanks for confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.