Subject: Multiple USes of Targets / Powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Schnee
United States
Saint Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
Is it possible to use the same power repeatedly in one turn, eg. activating Legacy's "Galvanize" twice (using the Legacy Ring) to get a +2 damage for everyone? The way I played solo yesterday, this got ridiculous due to a "Ruins of Atlantis" card that allowed everyone to use an extra power. +3 damage, followed by Bunker in Turret Mode with a Grenade Launcher.

Which brings up my second question: where a card says you can hit "a second target", must it be a different target? See eg. Tempest's "Ball Lightning". I'm thinking yes, you must hit a different target or none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryo Akashi

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use the power from the same card twice in a turn. You can use the same power if they are granted by different cards though. You can also use the same power within the same round. Say another hero grants you the ability to use a power out of turn.

For second targets and onwards, you must choose different targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisSchnee wrote:
Which brings up my second question: where a card says you can hit "a second target", must it be a different target? See eg. Tempest's "Ball Lightning". I'm thinking yes, you must hit a different target or none.

Yes. A "second" or "third" target means one distinct from the "first" or "second" targets. So they have to be different.

There are a few cards that say, "Do one target 2 damage. Then do 1 target 1 damage." (example language, I don't have the cards in front of me). Since it doesn't say a "second" target or "another" target, you may choose the same target in that instance. But if it says a "second" or "another" target, then the targets have to be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use a power only once per card per turn. If there's only one card out, then you can only use it once per turn. You activate Galvanize only once on your turn, even with Legacy's Ring. However, if on someone else's turn they let you use a power. You can activate Galvanize again, which would give you the +2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Chua
Australia
Highett
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ryo_akashi wrote:
You cannot use the power from the same card twice in a turn. You can use the same power if they are granted by different cards though. You can also use the same power within the same round. Say another hero grants you the ability to use a power out of turn.

For second targets and onwards, you must choose different targets.

Just wondering...
So, let's just say I am using The Sentinels, which has an ongoing card that says something along the lines of the first time one of my heroes deal damage each turn, I can use a power now. Can I then use the Idealist's power to deal 2 damage right there. Then use her power again to deal 2 damage again during the power phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. You can only use each power once per turn, you would have to use a different power in your example.

If the Sentinels could somehow deal damage in another hero's turn then they would get to use a power during that turn too, which could be The Idealist's power again, even if they had used that power in their own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
with the right support heroes, thats ver possible, giving the Sentinels a Power Use out of turn, Idealist uses her Power to do damage, then you can heal, deck manipulate, or Dr with another power use off Sentinel Tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.