Popular Tags: gencon [+] convention [+] [View All]
Rob Carroll
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

I would like to give a personal invitation to all the members of the BoardGame Geek Community to come to Gen-Con and take my money!

We will have the fourth stop on the TableStar Games $10,000 Summer tour at Gen-Con in two weeks. At the convention TableStar will be giving away $1,500 to the winner of our HeroCard Tournament, Saturday night at Gen-Con!

The Tournament will consist of three rounds of one of our new Boardgames in the HeroCard suite. Either HeroCard: Galaxy or HeroCard: Champion of New Olympia. We will announce the game at the convention.

Haven’t played yet? No problem! Because this is part of our release tournaments for the HeroCard Boardgames. We have provided several ways to learn about the HeroCard Games so that you can have an edge on the competition.

•Learn at the convention. There will be many opportunities to learn the games including booth demos and instructional sessions.
•Download the rules and flash demos off of the BGG HeroCard Links.
•Learn how to play from our web site. www.tablestargames.com. We have the game rules available for download and flash demos to teach you how to play.
•Get the games from your local game retailer then practice with some friends.

I’m looking forward to getting a chance to meet some of you at the convention. I’ve read BBG for a long time, and it’s great to be able to give something back to the community that makes this site so good.

Thanks to the BBG staff for allowing us to post this.
Rob Carroll
Producer, TableStar Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice prize, good luck with your demos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
good deal, I will post your announcement on my Message Boards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DePietro
United States
Mountville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds kewl. when will the tournament start? I already have True Dungeon and Living Greyhawk on Saturday but I would like to check this out if I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you decided on how the rules will be interpreted since your Origins tournament? Has the above link been updated since then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Carroll
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antnee wrote:
sounds kewl. when will the tournament start? I already have True Dungeon and Living Greyhawk on Saturday but I would like to check this out if I can.

The tournament is scheduled to start at 6pm on Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Carroll
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jl4130 wrote:
Also, I notice you've given the games extremely high ratings, prompting others to give the game extremely low ratings in a vigilante type of shill-busting. I don't really have a problem with designers/producers rating their own games, since if you decided to produce it, you must like it a whole lot and thus have the right to show us your opinion, but some people might disagree. Perhaps if you included comments as to WHY you give Herocard 9's and 10's?

Hey Jason,

Why did I rate the games so highly, fair question. Aside from the obvious reason that I work for the company, I do really enjoy the games.

The first four HeroCard games have been in development for around two years (the first few versions were very ugly and have been looked in a dark basement somewhere) in that time I have played these games hundreds of times.

With many other board games I’ve played, I would be dreading having to pick-up the game for the 10th time much less the 90th, but with the HeroCard games I find myself really enjoying it much of the time. I would say the reason for this enjoyment is the diversity within the games. For those who haven’t read the reviews (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/119794) each time you play the game you can take on the persona of a different hero, each one of these heroes has a different strategy around how to play them, which makes for different gameplay each time I play.

I find having to understand the mechanics of the hero I’m playing, along with understanding the overarching strategy of the particular HeroCard game makes for a fun experience.

I find this goes beyond deciding if I should use the corn or coffee strategy (I’m a big PR fan) and keeps the game fresh, which is why I rate the games so highly. So there’s a long winded answer to your question. I’d be happy to discuss this with you more if you want to pm me.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.