Monopoly» Forums » Variants

Subject: Auctioning community/chance cards; can you move out of jail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
we came to this interesting issue the other day...

Background: the official tournament rules mention that you can auction off these cards, provided that: you havent looked at it yet. So i.e. you land on Chance, you are about to draw the card and you sell it to someone.

It does lead to interesting situations because the cards are not all worth the same value to different players. The value of cards that move you around can vary by where you are on the board. Being assessed for street repairs is another good example.

So the question arose, one of us sold the Chance card, to someone in jail. It turned out to be Advance to Illinois Ave. Should they be allowed to move there? or are they stuck in jail?

We ruled that they immediately move out of jail to IL. reasoning that this would continue to add value to the Chance/Community Chest cards and add to the market value of these cards.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am going to repost the above in the rule section, because apparently what I am referring to is legal under the tournament rules. I hope to get a possible response there.

Please feel free to delete this thread, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.