Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

sorry for another 'which version do I own' thread but I browse through the forums for some time and don't find the answer for my 'problem'.

All I want is the second edition, 3rd printing of the english version of the game. So I ordered a copy at an online store a few days ago. Today the packet arrived and I thought that I know how to check if I bought the correct edition.

Ender has posted a picture which shows the difference between the first and second printing of the second edition...

Additionally CLS Games posted a picture which shows how the second edition, third printing looks like...

If I look at the back of the box of the game I got today then there is no '3rd Printing' printed on it (like on CLS Games picture). But the copyright is not 2007 (like on Endes picture). Instead the copyright is 2009.

So what know? Which edition/printing do I bought? And what if this is not the actual edition? Are there any errors which hinders me to play the game? And are there any minor/cosmetically error? And are these errors resolved if I buy a newer edition/printing (if a newer edition/printing exists)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what version it is, but the copyright, UPC, and the made in china MAR-2013-010-006 matches what is on my box. My copy doesn't have any card misprints and the player boards are correct (they don't have the misprinted circle on the temple).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
I don't know what version it is, but the copyright, UPC, and the made in china MAR-2013-010-006 matches what is on my box. My copy doesn't have any card misprints and the player boards are correct (they don't have the misprinted circle on the temple).

So the only difference to my copy is that you also have the '3rd Printing' on the back of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cranium Junker wrote:
Mine is the 3rd Printing of the 2nd Ed. In the back right hand bottom corner it actually says: "copyright 2009 Fred Distribution, inc." as the top line there. Seems you have the the 3rd printing mate.

But no '3rd printing' passage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
sfox wrote:

So the only difference to my copy is that you also have the '3rd Printing' on the back of the box?

No, my box is completely identical to yours. My guess it is a '4th Printing' as it doesn't match any of the other boxes. I bought my current copy just a few months back from an online game store to replace an old copy that I had (which had several misprints). I can't say for sure what version it is, all I can say is my box is an exact match of yours and it doesn't have any misprints.

[edit] I should also note that the wooden cubes in my copy are smaller than the prior versions (4mm cubes) and fit pretty nicely on the scoring/status tracks. Every other copy that I've seen have the large (around 8mm I think) cubes that quite a bit bigger than the space on the tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Cranium Junker wrote:
Does your copy of Hammurabi still denote that you lose a military action for a civil action?

Yes, is there a version printed that doesn't do that? The BGO version of Hammurabi does that (and makes military units cost +1 resource to build instead), but as far as I know there isn't an actual printed copy of the TTA that has modified any of the leaders or wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me again,

sfox wrote:
I can't say for sure what version it is, all I can say is my box is an exact match of yours and it doesn't have any misprints.

means that the Oil and Coal cards, Tesla and Newton are corrected and the player mats don't have a highlight on the temple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Me again,

sfox wrote:
I can't say for sure what version it is, all I can say is my box is an exact match of yours and it doesn't have any misprints.

means that the Oil and Coal cards, Tesla and Newton are corrected and the player mats don't have a highlight on the temple?

Those errors were in the 2008 printing. If yours says 2013 on the box, then you're fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
The terminology here is inconsistent and confusing, but according to the Kickstarter that version is the 3rd edition 5th printing, so the run from March that was damaged would be 3rd edition 4th printing, and the March 2013 run would most likely be described by Eagle as 3rd edition 3rd printing.

I think the "third printing" from 2009 is what Eagle considers the 3rd edition 1st printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's 2 of mine for comparison:

The one on bottom says 3rd printing w/ copyright 2009 and has APR-2012-010-005 so I assume that is 2nd edition; 3rd printing?

However, what exactly is the one on top?
It does not state 3rd printing but does have copyright 2009 and has MAR-2013-010-006
Is that 2nd edition; 4th printing?
2nd edition; 2nd printing?
or also a 2nd edition; 3rd printing like the one on the bottom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.