Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Very neat photo the other night came up on a Discovery channel show about Megalodon, a monster (extinct? supposedly...) shark.

There was a surfaced U-boat near South Africa and it had a picture of a HUGE dorsal fin and a tail fin, which appeared to make whatever it was about the length of the U-boat. Really interesting photo.

Of course my wife figured it out immediately "It's in love with the submarine!" LOL.

Anybody else see this?

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Science doesn't care what you believe in
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but I had an absolutely colossal woman chase me around a bar one night. I was too scared to get any pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to their next episode on unicorns. shake

It was a dark day when The Discovery Channel started 'Blair Witching' documentaries.

Anybody remember back when watching something on Discovery, TLC, or The History Channel didn't involve ghosts, hillbillies, 'picking' or pawnshops?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ellowen-Deeowen wrote:
I'm looking forward to their next episode on unicorns. shake

It was a dark day when The Discovery Channel started 'Blair Witching' documentaries.

Anybody remember back when watching something on Discovery, TLC, or The History Channel didn't involve ghosts, hillbillies, 'picking' or pawnshops?

You forgot aliens. And I don't mean the terrestrial kind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Yeah, trash TV. I remember when there used to be TV shows that had...plots and such. or were real documentaries, not fake stuff.

Some pretty good indications the U-boat photo was a fake. Too bad.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to see about 70% of all the U-Boat emblems that were painted on the U-Boats during the war(by the way some u-boats had more than one emblem during it's lifetime),go to uboat.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow a plethora of random thoughts...

Here's a real photo I found on the internet...

...excuse me as my French model wife is calling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy @%@#...not a good time for the random event, Swim Call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I wonder: by who and from where the picture was taken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunny1 wrote:
I watched the same show but after the murmaid fiasco in their last episode I'm very skeptical...

The bizarre thing about that mermaid 'documentary' was that I was happily taking it in until the guy from the Royal Navy cropped up. He's definitely fake I said to my other half and switched off. I'm blaming tiredness...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone needs to shop a picture of a Japanese or American Sub in the Pacific with Godzilla's back spines out of the water near it (I know I know Godzilla was a product of the Atomic Bombs but you know it could still work. ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak, Use a Fleet sub and date it December 1945, that should work! Then it would be a bit more believable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.