12 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Goblin Army. First play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
Sounds awesome but what do you mean by bring the doom divers back? I see nothing about reinforcing them from the casualty pile if that's what you're talking about (imagine how horrible it would be if Kairos could reinforce defeated bloodthirsters from the casualty pool). If not then I'm fairly impressed by you getting 7 kills with 4 divers and more than a little bit unimpressed with your opponent.

In any case, sounds like a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Catapults is excessive in my opinion. For 4 divers 2 are enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Congrats on the initiative man, sounds like you had a blast. I wonder if Doom Diver armies will actually be meta-defining, the way Dwarven artillery surely will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
It's this next wave thing that I'm puzzled about. As near as I can understand the rules you get your 4 doom divers which with 3 catapults you can pump out in two turns (you can do that with 2 catapults too which makes me wonder why you bothered with the third). You use them and then they're gone, you don't get another wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
thegrinder wrote:
3 Catapults is excessive in my opinion. For 4 divers 2 are enough.

Not if you want to flood the sky with goblins on turn 1, thus making it hard for your opponent to prioritize targets. Furthermore, for 5pts a piece the catapults themselves are acceptable meatshields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
Alright, just checking because that sounded wrong. Still sounded fun and I'm glad to hear that even with them being played correctly doom divers seem a viable option.

I don't think they'll be too broken though. They have counters. I'm not sure runic cannons are it because they'd only get one shot vs goblins in cover but bolters, milita archers with Winds of Morag-Hai, rattling guns, flame cannons [in fortified terrain], Fists of Mork, Banshees Reavers/Hellstriders and other fast impact should all work. Failing that, armies with lots of things like the sea guards and corsairs ought to work half by being cheap enough that goblins don't trade well for them and half by hitting hard enough (and having an extra ranged attack to help pick off) to finish them.

Now, if they were a renewable resource then they would be seriously broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.