Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Help with Deck - Iain Stirling - Big Money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Modt
msg tools
mb
Iain Stirling - Big Money

Iain Stirling: Retired Spook (Honor and Profit)

Event (24)
1x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Calling in Favors (Honor and Profit)
3x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
3x Hostage (Opening Moves)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit)
1x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
1x Lemuria Codecracker (Core Set)
2x Logos (Honor and Profit)
1x Unregistered S&W '35 (Honor and Profit)

Resource (12)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
2x Decoy (Core Set)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
1x Raymond Flint (Mala Tempora)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Tri-maf Contact (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Ninja (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (1)
1x Medium (Core Set) •••

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Here's a deck I've been using for some time and the results have been positive. It's not a commom criminal deck, it gets into places mostly by paying because it can generate a lot of money. The main reason I'm liking playing with Iain is that if the corp scores early you get money to build your setup. If the corp doesn't score early you can build your setup and play from there. The desired setup is Corroder + Zu + Ninja or Femme and Medium.
Stimhack and Data Dealer are there because when the corp sees you with no money they'll usually try to score in a remote and gaining 9 or 18 credits can mess up with their plans.
Lemuria Codecracker and Unregistered S&W '35 are there because I've lost my Zu too many times for shutdowns, but I'm sure there are better cards to do it, I just don't know which ones tu put in.
Running Interference has not worked either and Planned Assault most of the times is not very good either, I'm thinking about replacing them.
John Masanori and Raymond Flint are very seldom used, but I'm trying to make the connections theme work. Are there better suggestion?

Either way, this deck is a work in progress and I'd like to take it to my next store championship, in about a month. Open to suggestions and discussions about how to improve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
On well-timed Power Shutdown, Troubleshooter + Archer, Grim and goodbye rig with no way to recur it. Drop the x2 Stimhacks for x1 Deja Vu at least. So in emergencies you can recur your programs. Also x1 Call in Favors seems good here since you'll be installing lots of Connections.

Also why Medium over Keyhole?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Not enough MU to load everything if you use Keyhole I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Modt
msg tools
mb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
On well-timed Power Shutdown, Troubleshooter + Archer, Grim and goodbye rig with no way to recur it. Drop the x2 Stimhacks for x1 Deja Vu at least. So in emergencies you can recur your programs. Also x1 Call in Favors seems good here since you'll be installing lots of Connections.

mikeloftus wrote:
Quote:

Not enough MU to load everything if you use Keyhole I guess.

Yes, Keyhole vs Medium is mainly a MU issue. With medium i can have my breaker suite without Logos. With Keyhole I'll need Logos. Which might cause a problem.

Yes, power shutdown is the main cause of problems for this deck. Which is why I included a few 1 cost hardwares to help with that. Is there another good way for recursion? Because Stimhack is a card that I feel helps a lot. Mostly when people see you without credits and try to score behind a remote.

Calling in Favors is indeed good. And I'll include another by removing Running Interference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hedberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Cortez Chip is probably best for Power Shutdown defense. Not only does it cost 0, but if you get extras you can use them easily.

You might want to consider spending some influence on Clone Chip for program recursion. Then you won't even need Cortez Chips and it will defend against program-trashing ICE and Aggressive Secretaries.

Also I'm not sure about John Masanori. While he's excellent if you plan on running a lot, I don't think a late game deck will be do that. By the time your deck gets going R&D & HQ will be very expensive to get past and I imagine you'll make only a few runs there, instead focusing on being able to break into any remote server if the corp dares put an agenda there. Plus he tags you and that's dangerous with Tri-maf contacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andre Modt wrote:
Yes, power shutdown is the main cause of problems for this deck. Which is why I included a few 1 cost hardwares to help with that. Is there another good way for recursion?

To solve this problem, I recommand that you play Prepaid VoicePad and replace ZU by Gordian Blade. Then, you'll be immune to Power Shutdown. It's how I play and it works very well.

Also, you should forget Stimhack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.