United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time yesterday and had a few questions based on it.

1. Do knights & archers in England have to disband? What about infantry?

2. If Moray does not return home, and there are other Scottish blocks there, do they get to use the RPs? What if there are no blocks there, would the Scottish player still get the RPs?

3. Are there any limits to the number of blocks in an area when not wintering?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
Played for the first time yesterday and had a few questions based on it.

1. Do knights & archers in England have to disband? What about infantry?

2. If Moray does not return home, and there are other Scottish blocks there, do they get to use the RPs? What if there are no blocks there, would the Scottish player still get the RPs?

Thanks!

1.Yes. Yes.
2. Not sure i understand the question, why would moray not return home (unless dead). I see no reason why scottish blocks in the area could not use the RPs but if there are no blocks there the RPs are wasted. RPs are only valid for blocks in the same area.
3. No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mateybob wrote:
2. Not sure i understand the question, why would moray not return home (unless dead). I see no reason why scottish blocks in the area could not use the RPs but if there are no blocks there the RPs are wasted. RPs are only valid for blocks in the same area.

If you have two Scottish blocks in Moray and don't want to disband one, you could leave Moray somewhere else or even disband him. And yes, as long as you have any blocks in the area, you can use its RP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
edit: nevermind that was worded really bad!
What the guy below me said..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Becker
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mateybob wrote:
Yes other blocks IN THE MORAY AREA (only) can use the RPs if Moray doesnt return home.

So I cannot use the RPs to bring a new unit into play if Moray is not at home???surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beckerc wrote:
So I cannot use the RPs to bring a new unit into play if Moray is not at home???surprise

No. There are no special rules for the Moray area. The Scottish player can use the RP of any area he controls (= he has troops there) to strengthen or build units in that area. The English player can only strengthen infantry and nobles.

The original question was whether the fact that Moray stays away from home makes the RP for the Moray area unusable, but that is not the case (provided you have some other units there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Sigh.. you know what i mean .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flannel Golem
United States
Bemidji
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beckerc wrote:

So I cannot use the RPs to bring a new unit into play if Moray is not at home???

He didn't say that: Yes, you can. As long as a Scottish block is in Moray, the RPs can be used to rebuild, and/or bring in a new one from the draw pool. If no blocks are there then the RPs cannot be used. Moray's presence is immaterial.

Quote:

Though there is no block stacking limit in a region, do recall that no more than 6 blocks can cross a black border into (or out of) a region per player movement-phase (and 2 for a red border, of course). Once you get fifteen of your blocks into Fife, only six of them will be able to move/regroup into Mentieth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
fendwick wrote:
Once you get fifteen of your blocks into Fife, only six of them will be able to move/regroup into Mentieth.

Would that I had had 15 blocks to send to Fife.....

Looks like we played most of it right, it seems. The only thing I think we got wrong was that we left infantry in England alive over the Winter. Does it say somewhere that no English units may winter in England? I recall seeing that Edward may not winter in England...

Thanks for the help everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not entirely clear on this, but any units that are still in England at the end of the year go back into the draw pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.