Subject: Interplay between Etahn Baht and Ten Nunb ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if this is correct. To me it seems it is;

Etahn Baht says "When an enemy ship inside your firing arc at range 1-3 is defending, the attacker may change 1 of it's hit results to a crit hit result"

Ten Nunb says "When attacking 1 of your crit hit results cannot be cancelled by defence dice"

So if Ten Nunb is attacking and meets Etahn's conditions, it gets a normal hit converted to an uncancellable crit?

Kudos to Barry from KRAGS for coming up with and playing the above combo against me last night.

So does this pair form a pretty cool team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a valid combo...nicely done for your opponent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Now it's got me wondering how Ethan's ability would apply to Cluster Missiles. Could you change one hit to a crit on each roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So now thinking about Ten Nunb with Advanced Sensors and Push the Limit

If you opt to use Advanced sensors prior to revealing your move, you get an action, and then can you use PTL to get another action before you then reveal your move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a neat combo but pretty expensive, limiting what else you could include in the squad. Simply putting Marksmanship on Ten is less fragile (e.g. doesn't depend on another ship, doesn't have the shared arc restriction - although you do have to take an action).

Cormitt wrote:
Interesting idea. Now it's got me wondering how Ethan's ability would apply to Cluster Missiles. Could you change one hit to a crit on each roll?

Yes, Cluster Missiles (and Gunner/Luke shots) are separate attacks, so Etahn's ability would trigger for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One downside is these two pilots without upgrades is 63 points. Definitely a lot of points. I wouldn't fly them in a tournament but casually a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've flown that combo with Biggs as the third in as an Elite 3 list. Its a nice annoying list against Imperials that rely highly on their dice... less useful against lots of shields. Definitely fun to fly either way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Crittenden
msg tools
mb
ZackStack wrote:
I've flown that combo with Biggs as the third in as an Elite 3 list. Its a nice annoying list against Imperials that rely highly on their dice... less useful against lots of shields. Definitely fun to fly either way!

I flew this exact list last night. Unfortunately Biggs quickly took the crit that ignores his pilot ability. My opponent flying a phantom, and interceptors was able to sneak behind ten numb and etahn to make fairly quick work of them. Its a fun list, but definitely hard to maneuver against phantom/interceptors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.