Hide
6 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Best result so far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Green
msg tools
I had the most enjoyable round of ONUW yesterday.

I think we had 8 people playing, but for the purposes of this story, only three are important.
Firstly there's me. After a few minutes I claimed to be the insomniac, and to have seen the insomniac card.
Next there's the minion, who then claimed to be the robber, and used that role to pretend he'd stolen a villager card from one of the werewolves, thus clearing both of them.
And finally, there's an actual villager, who the minion tried to cast suspicion on. Ultimately, the minion, the two werewolves and myself voted to kill that villager, winning the game for the bad guys because the other four weren't able to agree on a target.

The great part? The minion totally steered the endgame, and was celebrating the result of his successful bluff before I invited him to check his card, at which point he finds that he's not the minion any more, he's actually the robber. Then I reveal the minion card that I, as the robber, stole from him, before just sitting back and letting him win the game for me. The look on his face was priceless.
And he had no reason at all to suspect it. I had expected to be called out on my insomniac bluff, in which case I might have been killed (which is fine, as the minion), but the insomniac must have been the unseen card in the centre. Meanwhile, the [former] minion was probably thinking exactly the same thing with his robber bluff, expecting to be called out, then realising he'd gotten away with it.

I love how this game can throw up situations like this, where a lot of people think they know a lot, but most of the players aren't completely sure what's going to happen when the cards are flipped at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had some awesome ending too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is great to work toward casting suspicion onto a "villager" and winning as the minion/werewolf team to find out someone has swapped a werewolf with the innocent villager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The robber is so tough to play against. Whenever there is a robber in the game and I draw 'evil' I proceed with caution. He certainly makes for some fun 'surprise! You helped ME win' endings though. Thanks for the story.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
getdafunkout wrote:
The robber is so tough to play against. Whenever there is a robber in the game and I draw 'evil' I proceed with caution. He certainly makes for some fun 'surprise! You helped ME win' endings though. Thanks for the story.

Cheers
Yes! If you draw evil, you have to assume that you might not be evil any longer and must ferret out any potential robbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.