GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,571 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Samurai Gardener» Forums » Variants

Subject: A drafting-like variant to protect your valuable, OOP cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon learning the rules, we didn't like the idea of slapping at these rare cards that had been shipped across the world, so came up with this simple variant:

Using the chips, number the three cards available this round 1, 2 or 3.

Randomly determine a start player which will rotate around the table each round.

Each player takes three chips in hand and simultaneously reveals 1-3, which shows which card they want. In the event of a tie for the chosen card, the start player wins and the next tied player chooses freely from the remaining card(s).

This still added a good degree of bluffing and guesswork (with a little push your luck) without potentially wrecking the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, thanks for posting this, I thought it worked perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - first thought was: How can we choose cards without the threat of violence.

This variant sounds good but how about resolving ties in reverse score order as a bit of a catch up mechanism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you could do, but there's no hint of a catch-up mechanism in the game normally so adding it would be a little odd. YMMV, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.