Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking. I'm pretty intuitive most times, but there are plenty of times I get suck in rule books and check the geek to get help. When I imagine a world without the geek (shudder!) I wonder if I would still be the gamer I am today if it weren't for the geek, or if I would have gotten frustrated with rules I didn't understand and lack of community to discuss the hobby with and would have never gotten where I am today without it (200+ collection and growing, attending cons, etc.). Do you feel that way? In what ways do you think BGG has changed your life? (dramatic question, haha)

Constellation thought: I've seen pretty poor rule books. I wonder if sometimes rule writers depend on the geek themselves to answer questions about rules, and thus fall into a habit of making their rule books more vague than if the geek didn't exist. I'm not accusing anyone and have nothing in particular in mind, just musing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do you buy boardgames before you knew BGG exists or after ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
do you buy boardgames before you knew BGG exists or after ?

I bought a few before, but mostly after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was amazed at how useful bgg was for rules clarification before I ever joined the site. It was so great to be able to type in a question and find the answer almost immediately. Then when I signed up and needed an answer all I had to do was wait about five minutes.

It's kept frustrating rule book from ruining fun games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably still be knee deep in PC gaming, but I like the change!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.