Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) is it true that if I am attacking a WN through a clear hexside the defender receives no defensive bonus (ie WN is not a building for terrain purposes).

2) if a WN is disrupted on turn 2 and clears during turn 3 fire phase, can the engineers treat that position's covered beach hexes as not under fire by that position for obstacle clearing purposes?

Bonus question: As a matter of practice, do you still play a landing card if no units are landing and no units are at risk from a mine explosion?

Bonus #2: On easy fox, if an event card has 2 effects (eg hero for 29th + reinforce German position anywhere) do I ignore both effects or only the good one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) true (the game is difficult enough you don't need that)

2) No. If disruption is removed, the engineers are under fire...

BONUS) I don't have the rules with me so I can't quote, but if you read carefully, the sentence is clear enough in that you play a card only if you have units to land.

BONUS#2 Sorry, I can't help you with that. Hint: move to the full game ASAP. It's FOUR times better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonus: If there are no units landing, you don't need to play a landing card. Same with fire cards in the unlikely event that you have no german units in a sector.

Bonus #2: I've always played that as no event. The rules say to treat any event happening in the 29th sector as No Event and if it's a hero and depth event, the depth marker is supposed to go in the 29th's sector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Q1 note that some hexes have a WN and terrain in them; e.g. WN 60 has woods which provide a defensive bonus to the Germans even if you don't attack across the slope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.