Subject: House of Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There just has to be a space for a deck-builder with a political plotting, log-rolling and scheming game called House of Cards.

Working on it now....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Józef Gąsior
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
I'm actually quite interested in such game, also trying to put my loads of ideas into a one bucket. Already made an outline, but still no prototype!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Charlie
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the American remake stack up against the original, in your view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Józef Gąsior
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Haven't seen the original, though I think that the persona of Frank Underwood whom Kevin Spacey created is just genius!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WackyBanana wrote:

Having seen both, they are quite different - I watched the British version ages ago so my memory of it is pretty hazy. It was shorter - only 3 or 4 parts or something, whereas the American remake was longer a built up more slowly. I enjoyed both, and agree that Spacey was excellent, as was his wife. Perhaps one thing it lacked against the original was that for whatever reason the British seem to do "pretend nice" in a more convincing way - Underwood always seemed pretty scheming - Urquart in the original British show seemed more charming (and funnier) outwardly so his malevolence (once exposed) was all the more shocking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Pedro Cotrim
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:

Having seen both, they are quite different - I watched the British version ages ago so my memory of it is pretty hazy. It was shorter - only 3 or 4 parts or something, whereas the American remake was longer a built up more slowly. I enjoyed both, and agree that Spacey was excellent, as was his wife. Perhaps one thing it lacked against the original was that for whatever reason the British seem to do "pretend nice" in a more convincing way - Underwood always seemed pretty scheming - Urquart in the original British show seemed more charming (and funnier) outwardly so his malevolence (once exposed) was all the more shocking.

This. Ian Richardson's Urquart really drew you into his web of intrigue and mischief in a way Spacey's Underwood never did. Years before Breaking Bad you found yourself rooting for the negative hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Charlie
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is a matter of apples and oranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Józef Gąsior
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
You really convinced me to watch the original series. My problem with first season of House of Cards was (what have been said) that Frank Underwood acted a few times too abstractly, there were a few parts where I was just "For real?". I think, that without the Kevin Spacey's charater it would just be near nothing.

But still want to make a board game. Got some ideas, trying to build them up into a solid one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
I watched the British version ages ago so my memory of it is pretty hazy. It was shorter - only 3 or 4 parts or something, whereas the American remake was longer a built up more slowly.
It was broadcast as 4 episodes, and then later 2 addtional sequels of similar length followed based on its success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.