Subject: Germantown or Saratoga? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've picked up shrinkwrap copies of both Germantown and Saratoga but have never played anything in the series.

Somehow I've managed to NOT pop the shrinkwrap on them as soon as I got them so:

If I want to keep one of them in shrinkwrap, which one should I open and play to see if I like the series and why that one?

Germantown is rated higher here but both are rated in the 7-range so it seems a toss-up but, hey, if you have lots of experts just waiting to answer a question, why not ask?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own Saratoga but both are interesting battles. The series rules are more up to date with Germantown and Germantown has a beautifully done map. I'd have a go at Germantown. Also Saratoga is out of print and worth more in the shrink, so if you don't like the series you can sell Saratoga to me

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
badge
Open both. Play both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MOYON
France
Thorigné-Fouillard
BZH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After 2 plays of Germantown and 6 of saratoga I can assure you that the second is far better (for me at last).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assist Arnauld.

And Lucas.

Great Series. great battles. Great fun.

saratoga even better than Germantown and very balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.