Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK... had a hard time naming the subject, hope I do better at describing the kind of games I'm looking for...

I'm looking for games that can be used for a setting where you have a number of people that each play a game by themself, write down the score they got on that game, and then rotate on to the next game. Each player plays every game once. Winner per game is decided by highest individual score. Overall winner is decided by person that got the best rankings combined over the different games.

Examples of games that work in this format:
- Decathlon
- Wii Bowling (not a board game, I know)
- Sjoelen (Dutch Shuffleboard)
- The Angry Birds outdoor game (it sucks, but it fits the required format)
- ?

Would be very happy with any suggestions!

Thanx,
Olaf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Adkins
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rallyman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out 2014 SGoyT Challenges SUBSCRIPTION. The entries on this geeklist are mini-tournaments that sounds just like what you are trying to find.

You may also want to visit the 1 Player guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Harkey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If I'm interpreting your question correctly it sounds like the players will need to participate in a game independently, something like Yahtzee in which my actions cannot directly impact yours.

How about Dungeon Roll? The winner of a game is determined relative to the scores of their opponents but as I recall it is multi-player solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid wrote:
If I'm interpreting your question correctly it sounds like the players will need to participate in a game independently, something like Yahtzee in which my actions cannot directly impact yours.

How about Dungeon Roll? The winner of a game is determined relative to the scores of their opponents but as I recall it is multi-player solitaire.

Yes, Yahtzee would actually work (duh, should have come up with that one myself), but is not very original, so I'll look into your suggestion... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could playIndian Chief like that (with the standard rules there is a bit of player interaction, but I think there are some solo rules).

BTW will people be able to see previous players scores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandsage wrote:

Yup, looks like that should work. Sounds like it would be the same as counting the number of turns one would take to ride around a Formula D track, since i have that game, I'll give that a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like any game that can be played solitaire, but in which you are given a final score, would do. However, it also sounds like you want something that can be played relatively quickly.

I suggest SOS Titanic.

I also suggest Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age.

Finally, Ricochet Robots sounds like a good fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
It sounds like any game that can be played solitaire, but in which you are given a final score, would do. However, it also sounds like you want something that can be played relatively quickly.

I suggest SOS Titanic.

Ricochet Robot is a great idea. Everyone can set up the board the same and then draw the pieces in the same order. The goal could be to see who finds all the pieces in the lowest total moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:

I suggest SOS Titanic.

RR would need some kind of variant to fit this, it seems like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
Solid wrote:

Yes, Yahtzee would actually work (duh, should have come up with that one myself), but is not very original, so I'll look into your suggestion... Thanks!

Yup, just looked it up, dungeon roll sounds like it fits perfectly, thanks!

Keep the suggestions coming people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cities

Tisby might work with an individual time limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it Easy! is perfect for this.

Catan Dice Game could also work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sims
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A perfect match to your requirement is FITS

Each player completes 4 rounds of Tetris like challenges , scoring separately for each challenge, with the winner being the person with the highest total score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll point out that a linear combination of scores might allow one game to be much more significant than the others. Probably more significant in that if a player does poorly on the high scoring game, then that player has no hope of winning the overall match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Luburić
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe setup Dominion without any interaction cards and see in how many rounds the player can get all 8 provinces by himself. The person with the least amount of turns gets the most points, etc.

In case of a tie in the number of turns, the person who has more victory points (bought duchies or estates, or some victory kingdom cards) is the winner.

This game could even be used for multiple games, especially if you have some of the expansions. Basically every set of 10 cards is a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Self-promotion time.

Along the same dice rolling style as Decathlon - Rock 'n Roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
I'll point out that a linear combination of scores might allow one game to be much more significant than the others. Probably more significant in that if a player does poorly on the high scoring game, then that player has no hope of winning the overall match.

No worries, we award points per game (for each game, the highest score gets 100 points, and then down), solving this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass the Pigs pretty much applies and is a fun tournament game!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:

I suggest SOS Titanic.

Ricochet Robot is a great idea. Everyone can set up the board the same and then draw the pieces in the same order. The goal could be to see who finds all the pieces in the lowest total moves.

This was already on my want list, good to know it may fit this format too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.