Subject: Locating players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Is there any convenient place for me to locate nearby players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://aaminis.myfastforum.org has dedicated forums; I think also somewhere for locating players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Forummini (Throknor's link above) is the best place to find others who play. Of course you can also post a notice or organize a tournament at a local game store if they are willing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I found the threads for the forumini forums. But the lists seem to have fallen out of date and there's a lot of posts on them to wade through to see if things are accurate or if there's missing data.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That, my friend, is the state of a game which was summarily abandoned by it's publishers several years ago. The Forummini is really quite vital for a volunteer support page for a dead game. The members of the Forummini, with the help of 12-7 Games, have published three additional card decks that can be used with proxies or Shapeways models. The quality of the cards and the ships they represent is truly remarkable!

I suggest you post on the list with a very specific request for what you are looking for. If no one responds, it likely means that there is not an active community of War at Sea gamers in your area. Maybe not even another player. Keep in mind that stores cannot really get inventory for the game anymore so new players are not joining up very much. It is a dead game. An incredibly fun, very well made, very cool but ultimately dead game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
rrodrick wrote:
That, my friend, is the state of a game which was summarily abandoned by it's publishers several years ago. The Forummini is really quite vital for a volunteer support page for a dead game. The members of the Forummini, with the help of 12-7 Games, have published three additional card decks that can be used with proxies or Shapeways models. The quality of the cards and the ships they represent is truly remarkable!

I suggest you post on the list with a very specific request for what you are looking for. If no one responds, it likely means that there is not an active community of War at Sea gamers in your area. Maybe not even another player. Keep in mind that stores cannot really get inventory for the game anymore so new players are not joining up very much. It is a dead game. An incredibly fun, very well made, very cool but ultimately dead game.

I know of one player in my area. He's the one that got me launched by giving me some of his extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McCaig
msg tools
The "Find a player near you" thread has been updated, the Mod responsible had become inactive. A new Mod has recently taken over responsibility for its upkeep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McCaig
msg tools
rrodrick wrote:
It is a dead game. An incredibly fun, very well made, very cool but ultimately dead game.

It's dead from a WotC standpoint but 3 community released decks have been successfully launched via 12-7 games and a fourth is in the planning stages. New minis are being produced for these via Shapeways.com and Historical Board gaming has produced 2 new vinyl mats to replace the hard-to-find GF9 ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wehn
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Darkbringer wrote:
The "Find a player near you" thread has been updated, the Mod responsible had become inactive. A new Mod has recently taken over responsibility for its upkeep.

I know, I'm the CarrierDude that spurred the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacred Ninja
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish you lived down the road from me. I'd play a couple nights a week. I don't understand why this game didn't take off harder. Yeah yeah haters saying "beer pretzel... I'm a RL General so this game isn't realistic... yadda yadda..." They lied. This game is SO good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.