Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the Targeting variant specify: "The Leader first chooses which Mission to go on (using the Round Marker on the Tableau) before completing the Team Assignment phase."

So if the Team Assignment was not approved, and the leader changes within the same mission, can the new leader choose a different (not accomplished) mission, or must he stick to mission, which was chosen by his predecessor?

I think, he must stick to the chosen mission, because choosing the mission is like dealing out plot cards, a thing, which you do only one time per (mission-)round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader always picks the mission. It's different from plot cards, which were created long after targeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so in Targeting, a new leader can always choose a new (uncompleted) mission, no matter, under which circumstances he became leader, right?

Follow up question about Strong Leader: I assume, that you cannot play Strong Leader after choosing the mission, but before proposing the mission team, in a situation after a former mission team proposal was not approved (e.g. 1.2)? (if you play both with Targeting and Plot Cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Ok, so in Targeting, a new leader can always choose a new (uncompleted) mission, no matter, under which circumstances he became leader, right?

Follow up question about Strong Leader: I assume, that you cannot play Strong Leader after choosing the mission, but before proposing the mission team, in a situation after a former mission team proposal was not approved (e.g. 1.2)? (if you play both with Targeting and Plot Cards)

Yes. Choosing a mission is part of picking the team, so every leader has their choice of which mission to attempt.

Follow up answer: I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that strong leader can only be played after a rejected vote or after mission results have returned. So, once someone has reached the phase where they are choosing which mission to send, the strong leader phase is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tauman
msg tools
mb
Strong Leader may be played AFTER a vote to reject a group and BEFORE the next leader takes any actions. Or, may be played AFTER a mission is completed and BEFORE the next leader takes any actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls