Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we're going on vacation in the outer banks in NC (Kill Devil Hills). Does anyone know of any game stores within a reasonable distance? Everything I am finding on google is about 200 miles away. We have limited space to bring games with us flying out from the west coast, so I am really hoping we can find someplace to play some loaner games, or buy some new games and ship them back home at the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No games stores I am aware of in the northern OBX nor am I aware of any OBX gamer groups there.

What airport are you flying into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be a game shop around mile post 5 that carried euro games. But ownership changed and the new owner does not know Yahtzee from Catan. The store is now nothing but puzzles and children's games. I would figure out a way to pack a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Neher
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run into the same problem on Hatteras Island. I'm not sure there is a game store. Kitty Hawk Kites on the north end of Avon has the best selection of games that I've found. My suggestion is to check out the branch in Nags Head.

Less than 100 miles away are the Go! store in the MacArthur Center in downtown Norfolk and Tower of Games in Chesapeake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djnesq wrote:
I've run into the same problem on Hatteras Island. I'm not sure there is a game store. Kitty Hawk Kites on the north end of Avon has the best selection of games that I've found. My suggestion is to check out the branch in Nags Head.

Less than 100 miles away are the Go! store in the MacArthur Center in downtown Norfolk and Tower of Games in Chesapeake.

The MacArthur store is gone. Tower of Games is pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are renting a house through one of the big rental agencies, you might consider shipping a box of games to their office for you to pick up when you arrive. Give them a call and see if that can be arranged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
djnesq wrote:
Kitty Hawk Kites on the north end of Avon has the best selection of games that I've found. My suggestion is to check out the branch in Nags Head.

Last time I was in the one in Nags Head across from Jockey's Ridge (couple weeks ago) I didn't notice many games but lots of toys. Their website shows a few games available (apples 2 apples, bananagrams, duck dynasty, etc) but I'm guessing that's not the kind of games the op is seeking. Easy enough to call though:

MP 12.5
3925 S. CROATAN HWY
NAGS HEAD, NC 27959
(252) 449-2210

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.