Popular Tags: [View All]
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Where do my defeated gladiators/used tactics go? Back into the bag or discarded?

2) If Oceanus does not move off the Titan hex and calls forth a gladiator what happens? The gladiator is simply not placed?

3) If I'm attacking a crate to get at equipment do I get Crowd favor for "reducing the health" of the crate? I assume not.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
garthasl wrote:
1) Where do my defeated gladiators/used tactics go? Back into the bag or discarded?

2) If Oceanus does not move off the Titan hex and calls forth a gladiator what happens? The gladiator is simply not placed?

3) If I'm attacking a crate to get at equipment do I get Crowd favor for "reducing the health" of the crate? I assume not.

Thanks.

(1) out of the game

(2) you roll a d6 and place on the first available inner deployment hex, from that spot, inclusively (use the movement key)

(3) yes, you do ! Makes a size 3 crate a better idea now, huh ?!

Enjoy the game, Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tbanks Rick

I'm sure all will be revealed when you release part 4 of your play-through.
Not that I'm eagerly waiting or anything...

Edit: Did you find theses answers in the rulebook? I searched high and low. Evidently not high and low enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garthasl wrote:
Tbanks Rick

Edit: Did you find theses answers in the rulebook? I searched high and low. Evidently not high and low enough.

(1) Pg. 12: Remember, the 7 chips you start with in your bag are all you get!

(2) On the Oceanus Titan Card, under Special: If occupied, roll a D6 and place the unit on the first available Inner Deployment Hex (in clockwise order).

(3) Pg. 8: (this isn't explicit, but more implied) Under Crowd Favor: The crowd grants you +1 CF for each health chip taken from an opponent (points are taken immediately). Opponents include Gladiators, Champions, Titans, F/A Archers, and Pillars.

Thanks for playing,
Ernie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garthasl wrote:
Tbanks Rick

the first is rules, the second from the Oceanus ref card, and the third from Adam Carlson.

Enjoy the rest of the video series !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A clarification will be made in the next print of the rulebook regarding the containers. Thanks all. We are also currently compiling our FAQ which should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieJ wrote:

(3) Pg. 8: (this isn't explicit, but more implied) Under Crowd Favor: The crowd grants you +1 CF for each health chip taken from an opponent (points are taken immediately). Opponents include Gladiators, Champions, Titans, F/A Archers, and Pillars.

Not just your opponent's health chips.... beat up your own gladiators and earn crowd favour too ! The crowd loves it !!

p.s. I found I get tempted by this sometimes, especially to activate my champion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Warren
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
ErnieJ wrote:

Not just your opponent's health chips.... beat up your own gladiators and earn crowd favour too ! The crowd loves it !!

p.s. I found I get tempted by this sometimes, especially to activate my champion...

Really, you can do that? My rule book reads just like what Ernie has above which specifically uses the word opponent. Has there been a ruling somewhere else that contradicts that?

Also, what's this talk of containers and equipment. I just got my copy of RoR from the website preorder and I don't see any chips or rules related to equipment. Was that a Kickstarters exclusive thing? Just curious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bardow wrote:

Really, you can do that? My rule book reads just like what Ernie has above which specifically uses the word opponent. Has there been a ruling somewhere else that contradicts that?

Basically, when you attack you first declare the "opponent" of an attack. This can be any other unit, yours or another player's, a pillar, a container, a titan, etc.

This should definitely be an FAQ item. Adam/Josh commented on this.

bardow wrote:

Also, what's this talk of containers and equipment. I just got my copy of RoR from the website preorder and I don't see any chips or rules related to equipment. Was that a Kickstarters exclusive thing? Just curious

These are added by Blade's Edge expansion and by the Training Grounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Warren
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:

Basically, when you attack you first declare the "opponent" of an attack. This can be any other unit, yours or another player's, a pillar, a container, a titan, etc.

oooohhh, i see. that makes sense, and that's good to know. related to this, you mentioned about using that tactic to help activate a champion. in RoR is the only way to activate the champion through crowd favor? i know in TLC the first time the champion is hit it activates but i didn't see any reference to that same rule in RoR so i'm assuming it has to be crowd favor right?

ricky2002 wrote:

These are added by Blade's Edge expansion and by the Training Grounds.

funny enough, i actually have these but hadn't really looked at them yet. i ordered the "i want it all" package from their website, but being a new player i opted to play a base game of TLC and then of RoR without even looking at the expansions yet.

thank you for the responses Ricky! i know others have probably told you this, but your videos about Hoplomachus are what got me to buy these games. i love solo games and these are fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bardow wrote:
... in RoR is the only way to activate the champion through crowd favor? i know in TLC the first time the champion is hit it activates but i didn't see any reference to that same rule in RoR so i'm assuming it has to be crowd favor right?

that's right.. in the Colosseum the Champion is shackled in chains until the cheer of the crowd has the editor release him ...at least that's how I like to see it

bardow wrote:

thank you for the responses Ricky! i know others have probably told you this, but your videos about Hoplomachus are what got me to buy these games. i love solo games and these are fantastic.

thank you ! this game is a great find.. great choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.