14 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Double Tactician & 2 pts left rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Yves Duval
Canada
flag msg tools
edit: meant to post this in the rules section but I was way off it seems!

So, list thread! (still could use an answer on if its legal to have 2 tacticians on the same vessel?)

Chewbacca - Tactician, Tactician
Corran Horn - Adrenaline Rush, R3-A2, Fire-Control System
Bandit Squadron Pilot

So 2 pts left - Millenium title? Veteran instincts for chewie?

What to do~

And what do you think of the stress spam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I assume double tactician works, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. They both trigger and dole out one stress each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactician is firing arc only. It seems a bit of a waste on Chewie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Yves Duval
Canada
flag msg tools
Tusken Raider wrote:
Tactician is firing arc only. It seems a bit of a waste on Chewie.

Ah thats what I forgot about~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
I assume double tactician works, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. They both trigger and dole out one stress each.

I don't know if it works either, but according to the wording, I would guess not. The text says "After you perform an attack against a ship inside your firing arc at range 2, that ship receives 1 stress token" [taken from a squad builder]

If it said 'that ship receives a stress token', I would be more inclined to agree, as that allows room for stacking, but because it has a number on it, it seems like they want to limit it to a single stress token per attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the FAQ, p10:

"Q: If a ship has more than one copy of the same card that does not require an action to trigger its ability, can it trigger all of those card abilities?

A: Yes. For example, when a ship equipped with two Mercenary Copilots is attacking, it can change two [filled explosion] results to two [unfilled explosion] results."

I would interpret that as a yes unless/until we get a specific FAQ entry for Tactician.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... [still just playing devil's advocate until we get a FAQ answer/official ruling], Mercenary Copilot lets you select the target, in this case one of your die. I would be inclined to think that from the language used, 2 Mercenary Copilots would have you targeting 2 different dice.

In contrast, 2 Tacticians on the same ship would have the same target ship. [from other FFG rules interpretations I have gotten wrong, 1 means one and not 1 additional... I tend to dislike how FFG tends to word their rules at times, but that's just me)

I generally get these rules wrong, so it wouldn't surprise me that I'm wrong about my interpretation in this case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Thisson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
You can use 2 of them to assign two stress tokens. This is why the VT-49 is sexy: you can have two tacticians *and* gunner! Pricy but fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Schmidt
United States
VANCOUVER
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I had a single Tactician on my Corvette the other day. With multiple shots from the Quad Laser Cannons, (I kept missing the first shot), I was handing out 4 stress a turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SilverHeimdall wrote:
edit: meant to post this in the rules section but I was way off it seems!

So, list thread! (still could use an answer on if its legal to have 2 tacticians on the same vessel?)

Chewbacca - Tactician, Tactician
Corran Horn - Adrenaline Rush, R3-A2, Fire-Control System
Bandit Squadron Pilot

So 2 pts left - Millenium title? Veteran instincts for chewie?

What to do~

And what do you think of the stress spam?

As for your two points - in my opinion, YT-1300s should be evading every turn unless they're certain no-one can shoot at them; thus, Falcon title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are you sure you can play tactician on the corvette? its not labeled to apply on a huge ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
commuter zombie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
are you sure you can play tactician on the corvette? its not labeled to apply on a huge ship.

There are no explicit restrictions on using crew cards on huge ships but there are some crew that have no effect due to other Huge ship rules, i.e. Lando can't give the huge ship focus or evade tokens as any such tokens assigned to a huge ship are immediately discarded.

(From p.4 of http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commuterzombie wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

There are no explicit restrictions on using crew cards on huge ships but there are some crew that have no effect due to other Huge ship rules, i.e. Lando can't give the huge ship focus or evade tokens as any such tokens assigned to a huge ship are immediately discarded.

(From p.4 of http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...)

Except Gunner, Luke and Navigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
commuter zombie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Except Gunner, Luke and Navigator.

Ah, I missed the Epic Play tournament rules, but there's no rule against using those crew on Huge ships in casual play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.