Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: The Shadow over Westminster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this looks pretty good, I like the artwork and the mechanic is an interesting twist on deck building. I've also confirmed that the postage cost is a once off so while the first copy is $75 (45+30) the second comes down to $60 and the third is $55 which seems pretty reasonable. I'm wondering if there are least two other addicts gamers out there who'd be interested in this so we can all share in cheaper postage and a co-op deck builder to save the world!

brumbynut paid
squire paid
DrClaw paid
DHunter paid
dakerr paid

$45 x 5 + $30 = $255/5 = $51 each
$45 x 6 + $30 = $300/6 = $50 each (if it happens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does look interesting Michael, nice find. :-) Put me down please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please Michael. This caught my attention this morning and havn't pledged yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks gents. Pledged. There's room for more if anyone else is keen although the postage savings become less significant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, the 1p option got my attention. I'm in if there's still room, no sweat if not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huss
United States
flag msg tools
The Shadow Over Westminster game designer here.

I'm so glad you're able to make use of the bundled shipping option!

It's really difficult to find good international shipping options until the project is big enough that it becomes cost effective to use fulfillment houses and split shipments from the manufacturer. As it is, we'll end up eating a bit in shipping costs to Australia, but I am really excited to be able to get the game out to you guys! I really appreciate you making use of BGG in order to make the most of the shipping option, I would really hate to have people miss out on backing the game because of shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Very interested so put me down for one. However, I note that they appear to be well short of their goal with 10 days to go. Hopefully, others will come on board in a rush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kicktraq has it trending in well over the funding goal but short of any stretch goals after initially looking like all listed stretch goals would be reached. There's usually a late rush on Kickstarters and some timely BGG adds could see them comfortably back into stretch goal territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Project Update #17: Monday Mega-Update!
Posted by Zenion Games, Inc Black heart (cards) Like
Hey fans!

We're down to the last week of the campaign! Thanks for all the support so far, and for spreading the word far and wide about your excitement for The Shadow Over Westminster.

We've got a pretty big update for you today, so lets jump right in.

Mini Sculpts
Originally, Chad Hoverter had a full plate and was going to start on our minis in September. However, due to the momentum and excitement that's been surrounding the campaign, he's gone ahead and started work, and so far things are looking good. Here's a sneak peek into his studio:

Alexandria, The Knight Templar
Alexandria, The Knight Templar
Character Variants
We've heard you loud and clear - you want more options in the box. Robert is ready to reveal that he's developed variant editions of each of the four characters - the same character but with different abilities that impact the game in unique ways.

Featuring unique artwork and abilities, the variant characters serve to give you more options and more replay value out of your copy of The Shadow Over Westminster. We'll share the completed character cards in a day or so in their own special update, but I wanted to share the exciting news with you all today.

What do you have to do to get these awesome character variants? Nothing at all. We're simply adding them to every box, based on your awesome feedback!

New Addon Item - The Art of Shadow Over Westminster
We've been really quiet about this one, but we've put together a pretty awesome addon item for those who have been asking to see some of the artwork and content on its own. We present "The Art of Shadow Over Westminster", a gorgeously designed companion piece to the game. Featuring new, exclusive story content by Robert Huss and artwork by Eddy Shinjuku and Bill Kelly, this is an excellent glimpse into the World of Shadows for those who have fallen in love with the world Robert has created.

We'll be offering the art book as an add-on in both softcover AND hardcover. For the softcover version, add $20 to your order, and for the hardcover, add $30. Any questions or concerns on how add-ons work, please feel free to shoot us a message and we'll walk you through the process.

Final Week
We're also down to the last few days of the campaign. We have ads running on both YouTube and Facebook, but we all know that people tend to "tune out" those kind of ads. Really, the most effective advertising is positive word of mouth, something you guys and gals have been knocking out of the park for us all month. We appreciate every time one of you tells a friend to check out the campaign, shares a link on your Facebook or Twitter, or just drops in to leave a positive comment on the campaign page. We're constantly blown away at your support and encouragement, and we're sure you'll be rallying the next few days to help get the project over that last hurdle. We couldn't do this without you, so from each member of the team, thank you.

Onward and upward!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now TSOW has hit its funding goal, I thought I'd give this thread a bump to remind any still sitting on the fence.

Just under two days before KS campaign finishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a late surge has seen this not only fund but all listed stretch goals reached as well as a late 33K stretch goal of a Ragnarok cataclysm event! Scheduled for delivery Feb 2015... Here's hoping they're being realistic rather than unprepared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, payment have gone through and the banks has taken their $8 for providing a payment in a different currency so total for the five copies is $280.21 which works out as $56.04 each. I think I've done enough of these that most of you should have bank details but GM me if you don't, not sure I'll be able to make GLOG again until Oct holidays (bl00dy kids sport!) but can work something else if you prefer untraceable cash transactions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you'll need to check out the KS update to actually see the pictures....

Update #27 from The Shadow Over Westminster: Co-Op Horror Board Game

Sep 22 2014
Minis are Away!
Hey Fans!

The minis are sailing their merry way across to sea! We showed you the Templar, but here are the remaining members of the team:

The Outsider
The Outsider
The Shadow
The Shadow
The Watcher
The Watcher
More soon!

Best,

Team Zenion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's been almost a year since I posted anything about this, mainly cos there wasn't anything worth posting. I've just got an update that confirms there's still nothing worth posting except that we may be a little closer to getting something...

Going Forward
Posted by Zenion Games, Inc
For backers only
Hey everyone,

Things were kind of up in the air for the last few months while the Shadow Over Westminster team got some things sorted out internally. I'm happy to be able to share with you that we've gotten things wrapped up and production can move forward. There will be some functional changes, however.

The Shadow Over Westminster, as of today, is now a CounterClockwork Games product. We've given the CounterClockwork Games team access to the Kickstarter page, and they'll be providing all future updates and starting the fulfillment process effective immediately. The next update you receive will be from them, likely providing and updated timeline and...drum roll...a ship date!

I'm confident CCW will work to get Shadow Over Westminster into your hands as swiftly as possible with no further delays.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Damien
http://www.ccwgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:
So it's been almost a year since I posted anything about this, mainly cos there wasn't anything worth posting. I've just got an update that confirms there's still nothing worth posting except that we may be a little closer to getting something...

The old "glass half full" approach...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed when I saw this update.

There has been an information vacum on this project for some time. Finally, an update and it says . . . wait for then next update for info.

THANKS TEAM =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy times, nothing for a year and then two updates in as many days, this one provides a bit more background around the delays and a potential timeframe (although it references holidays in the us and I have no idea when they are).

Robert here,
Manufacturing of the game has begun. I’ve been wanting to say that for a very long time now and it feels really good. Thousands of vigilant Agents, arcane artifacts, and terrible Cataclysms are being printed up and prepared to be delivered to you! I’m waiting to hear on estimated shipping times, but signs are pointing toward being able to ship before the holidays, and possibly even a bit sooner.

There has been a change in the publishing which took a long while to resolve and I apologize for any delays which might have kept the game from getting into your hands sooner. Control of the game has shifted back over to me, which means I’ll be able to post updates, respond to messages, line up shipping plans, and hopefully take care of any questions or concerns you might have. In case you’re not familiar with who I am, I did all of the game design and original prototyping of The Shadow Over Westminster. I’m who you see in the videos, and if you had a chance to play TSOW at any game conventions the odds are you probably had me running the game for you. I’ve been working on it for over three years now, and nobody wants to see the game on your shelf and at your game nights any more than I do.

Now that the production is underway, my primary focus is on getting to the backlog of Kickstarter messages to address any questions that have been left hanging. I know that a lot of people are concerned that their add-on pledge items were not handled in the backer survey that went out. I unfortunately can’t send out another survey, but I will be going through the list of backers and making a table of those of you who pledged more than the cost of the tier you chose. I can then follow up with each of you through email to try to make sure you get everything you wanted. It’s a one-man show on my end and I have to work around a full-time schedule, so please bear with me as I try to get it all organized. I’ll post another update when all the emails have been sent out, so don’t worry if you haven’t heard from me directly about it until after then.

Although the Kickstarter Account still shows up as their name (which is not changeable), Zenion Games is no longer associated with The Shadow Over Westminster. I can’t answer any questions about them or their other Kickstarter projects. If you are confused when you see mention of Counter Clockwork Games, don’t worry - that’s me. You can see the logo on my shirt if you watch the Tabletop Deathmatch episode for The Shadow Over Westminster. The game hasn’t been handed off to some third-party entity or uncaring fulfillment company. It’s just back in my hands so that I can help it get into yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

And I thought you were all talking about the Conservatives winning the last British General Election...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update suggests it might be here for Cancon....

The manufacturing process is on schedule to be done by the end of October, and I received the first official (mostly, more on that in a second) mass production copy of the game. I’m extremely happy to report that everything looks and feels absolutely fantastic! From the sturdy box with a smooth finish to the high quality cards to the clean and defined figures, I’m ecstatic about how well the game has come together. While I had a preview of the quality when I got the white-box copy and physical proofs, I was still blown away when I got the actual final product.

Well, almost. We can’t have any part of the process go forward without a hitch - that just wouldn’t be in keeping with our style…

The game arrived without the plastic insert, which worried me because it has always seemed to be something of a sticking point in production. While there has been quite a bit of back and forth between myself and the manufacturer, I have never so much as seen the insert up to this point. Luckily, a few emails later I have confirmation that the insert is been airmailed to me for approval and should arrive on Monday. A relatively minor speed bump in the grand scheme of things.

The best news is I finally have an estimated shipping date! This is what I imagine most of you have been waiting to hear (for a lot longer than you should have been.) The Shadow Over Westminster should begin the shipping process to me around November 15th, with an estimated shipping time of about 3 weeks. That means I should have it by mid-December, and can begin shipping it to you immediately. I certainly can’t promise anything, but I still have my hopes up that it might make it to most of you before the end of the year, and maybe even in time for Christmas! There are a few loose ends to tie up, but having an estimated ship date makes me feel so much better about life, the universe, and everything.

Many of you backed the Kickstarter and added extra money above and beyond your pledge level in order to get some of the add-on items. You should have already received an email from ShadowOverWestminster@gmail.com asking you to confirm what you wanted the extra money to go toward. I heard back from almost all of you, but if you didn’t get the email or just want to make sure you are on track to receive everything you pledged for, feel free to send an email to that address.

There will be another update to come soon which will provide everyone with an easy way of choosing which of the four art prints they would like to have included with their copy. Please don’t email me about it just yet, as 500 separate emails is probably not going to be the optimal format for me to keep it all organized.

This next month will see all of my free time dedicated to ensuring the Art and Lore Book is ready to go, getting storage space ready for 5000 lbs. of games (!), and getting my own production line in order to make sure that every copy can get packaged and sent out as speedily as possible.

It’s awesome to be able to post updates which are (almost) entirely good news! I hope to keep this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More news of the real newsy type (you'll have to go to KS to see the pics though... I'm not sure if each copy of the game gets a print or if it's one per pledge, in case it's the former reply below or GM me with your preference for print.

The Shadow Over Westminster is just about ready to ship! I am eagerly awaiting notification any day now that the big shipment is on its way. In the meantime, I want to share a little bit more with you and make sure you are able to have exactly what you want arriving on your doorstep.

I created a Google Form that I am inviting all of you to fill out. In addition to providing any updates to your shipping address, you will be able to confirm which add-ons you already paid for. You will also be able to add any extra items or more copies of the game at this time, with all of the prices still in line with what was offered during the Kickstarter campaign. Also, and this is important, this will be your opportunity to let me know which one of the Agents you would like as your included art print. Make sure to fill out the form by December 1st to ensure I know exactly what is supposed to go in the shipment to you! It isn’t a hard deadline, and filling it in late is better than not getting to it at all, but I can only guarantee the print if you get it in by then. If I don’t hear from you, you’ll still get a print but it will be randomly selected for you (they are all awesome, so everyone is winning in any case). This isn’t quite as elegant a solution as what should have been done with the official Kickstarter survey that went out, but unfortunately I can’t send a second one of those.

I received the molded plastic insert, which means that at long last I got to have a look at what the final product will be. The insert keeps everything snug and organized, and as long as I take care to pre-shuffle before I put the game away I can literally set the game up from the closed box in under a minute. There were a few changes made to the design I provided, which are mostly all positives. The openings between the bays were widened, which makes it easier to get your fingers in to get the cards out. The walls were also all thickened and small ridges were added for support. The end result is an insert that will hold up over time, but it does have the side effect of making the cards bays slightly smaller than I had originally designed them. The cards fit great by themselves, but they are pretty snug with card sleeves on. I know a lot of people like to sleeve their decks, and I really wanted to make sure the game box was accommodating. If you make sure to use tighter fitting sleeves, such as the Mayday Standard USA sleeves, the cards still all fit into the bays with just a slight tilt to them. It’s not the perfect solution I was hoping for, but I am not about to put a hold on production and try to rework it with the manufacturer. They know more about the requirements to ensure the inserts last, and the thicker walls are in place for a reason.

Here is what it looks like to open the game box

I love how the back of the box came out!

Finally, I am thrilled to announce that I will have the game available to be played at BGG Con in Texas this weekend! I will be sharing a space in the Game Crafter booth 922 in the exhibit area. The Game Crafter is an awesome company for game designers, and if you played any of the TSOW prototypes at any convention then you were playing on a copy they produced. If you are going to be at the convention, please come by to try the game and see some of the awesomely painted minis. I always love to hear from backers and to have a chance to actually play with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Templar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear this is close to shipping.
Templar for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illuminati please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubtful for Cancon, maybe Feb GLOG/KLOG??

One ocean crossed! Timeframe, sleeves, the Lore Book, and more.
The ship carrying 5,000 pounds of TSOW has come in! I am just waiting for customs to give the OK, and then it’s a delivery by truck. I have been told that as long as there is no issue with customs the games should be here on the 15th. That means shipping will begin in earnest on the morning of the 16th, and I have recruited a team of friends to help ensure that all the orders make their way to you as soon as possible! It’s a busy time for shipping, but I am hoping some people will have theirs for Christmas and that the majority get to have their first few plays logged before we change over to 2016. I will of course keep you posted as I receive updates.

If anyone missed their chance to respond to the survey that was in Update 39, don’t worry. If you wanted to choose your art print or add more items on to your order, you can still email me at ShadowOverWestminster@gmail.com to do so. Please do it soon though, because once your package is out the door it won’t be easy to make any changes! There are still a few people who wanted to add items on, but have not yet paid the extra for them. You should have received an invoice, and if you haven’t please email me as well. If I don’t have all the information to ship your order, it certainly won’t be one of the first to send out!

Also, I mentioned in the last update that the plastic insert was made a bit snugger than I had specified, and there were concerns about using card sleeves. I would like to report that I put all of the playable cards into Mayday Standard USA Game Size sleeves (56mm x 87mm) and it fits into the box like a glove. It also fills most of the bays almost entirely, which reinforces my choice of box size (although it was really in order to be able to ship cost-effectively). I chose the Mayday sleeves specifically because I had read they are a tighter fit than some other similar sleeves, but I'm sure there are a number of good alternatives.
Cataclysm cards were removed to show the cards below them Cataclysm cards were removed to show the cards below them
For those of you who added on either the hardcover or softcover lore books, I am really thrilled with how they are coming out. However, they will not be included in the package with your copy of The Shadow Over Westminster. This has been the plan all along, as they are shipping directly from the publisher. I wanted you all to definitely feel like you are getting a quality product, so I decided to requisition some extra artwork, add a few more stories, and just improve the overall level of depth. Trying to squeeze everything in with my already busy schedule has been a bit rough, but I am going to use my Holiday time in order to wrap it all up. You can expect to have it shipped to you before the end of January. I also hope that you enjoy some mystery and a bit of puzzle solving, because if you look close enough there might just be secrets waiting to be found hidden within the pages…

It was great getting the chance to play with some of you at BGG.Con, and I was once again thrilled by how much everyone told me they loved the game. One player even wrote up a fantastic review over on the TSOW BoardGameGeek page which is definitely worth a read. This was the first convention that has started off with a win for the players, and we even managed to save the world twice in a row! Just don't ask about how many times it all went down in flames on the second day (curse you, traitor Templar!) I don’t think I will ever get tired of playing it with people at conventions. If you are looking for your next chance to get in a game with me, look towards the Tabletop Co-operative at PAX South at the end of January. You will all have your own copy of the game by then, but I’d still love to hear what you think of it and have a chance to (attempt to) save the world alongside you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.