Subject: the white ship... (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
A nasty nasty ongoing rumor mythos card. It came out right at the start of the game. Only one clue token sitting on the board (WAY in Alaska) and none of our investigators had worth wild observation skills to deal with the threat.

Needless to say EVERY single gate was spawned. We resigned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: the white ship...
This might be sort of spoilers.

Anyhow, welcome to Forsaken Lore! I hope you enjoy your massacre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Andarel wrote:
This might be sort of spoilers.

Fixed in the thread title. My apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D31277 wrote:
A nasty nasty ongoing rumor mythos card. It came out right at the start of the game. Only one clue token sitting on the board (WAY in Alaska) and none of our investigators had worth wild observation skills to deal with the threat.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news but the white ship is not the nastiest of the new cards in the expansion. Expect more abandoned games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicola Zee wrote:
D31277 wrote:

I hate to be a bearer of bad news but the white ship is not the nastiest of the new cards in the expansion. Expect more abandoned games.

It's not like the original game didn't come with its share of nasties, too. Tied to a Dark Purpose, Strange Sightings, and An Unexpected betrayal, coming at the wrong time, can totally sink a game. (And why is An Unexpected betrayal not a tentacled card? It's the perfect anti-Charlie card.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my fiancee kind of had luck with this one, in the encounter phase Lily was trying to close a gate in Sidney, and she did, after spoking with some cats and gaining 2 clues doing that....

So, a quick hop to the White Ship and was closed in one turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.