Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Comparative Efficiency of the Jem'Hadar Battle Cruiser rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I will suggest two comparisons of the new Battle Cruiser.

Comparison to the Vor'Cha class in a Ship'o'the'line role
Comparison to the Bioship class in a Juggernaught role

B'Cruiser Generic:
5 1 6 4 for 32pt generic
(BS on Bar)

Vor'Cha Generic:
5 1 5 2 for 30pt generic
(w/ N'Garen/Drex for BS, + cloak as an action)

Manoeuverability is equivalent.
B'Cruiser trades ability to cloak and 2 pts, for +1 hull and +2 shields.
A slight imporvement over the generic Vor'Cha in the current meta.
Can still be run in a 3 ship build.

B'Cruiser:
7 3 6 5 - CS8 - for 50 pts
(generic w/ BS flagship, +1A CS8 Dukat, Jam'Hadar Paris who gives +1 evade dice for 3 pts)

Bioship:
7 3 5 7 - CS8 - extra action every turn + Crit & Aux shenanigans - for 53 pts
(named version w/ BS Flagship, CS8 Khan)

Manoeuverability is equivalent - except Bioship can take Singularity and can regen.
For an extra 3 pts, the Bioship buys an extra acton every turn, improves its defence slightly, and buys Crit and Aux shenanigans.
Bioship wins so far...
That said... The B'Cruiser has more crew slots for further upgrades...
Bioship can only take the 1 crew from the Flagship.

Any other number of comparisons are possible... I'm trying to compare sensible "like-for-like" scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wilson
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tibor_C wrote:
I will suggest two comparisons of the new Battle Cruiser.

Comparison to the Vor'Cha class in a Ship'o'the'line role
Comparison to the Bioship class in a Juggernaught role

B'Cruiser Generic:
5 1 6 4 for 32pt generic
(BS on Bar)

Vor'Cha Generic:
5 1 5 2 for 30pt generic
(w/ N'Garen/Drex for BS, + cloak as an action)

Manoeuverability is equivalent.
B'Cruiser trades ability to cloak and 2 pts, for +1 hull and +2 shields.
A slight imporvement over the generic Vor'Cha in the current meta.
Can still be run in a 3 ship build.

B'Cruiser:
(generic w/ BS flagship, +1A CS8 Dukat, Jam'Hadar Paris who gives +1 evade dice for 3 pts)

Bioship:
7 3 5 7 - CS8 - extra action every turn + Crit & Aux shenanigans - for 53 pts
(named version w/ BS Flagship, CS8 Khan)

Manoeuverability is equivalent - except Bioship can take Singularity and can regen.
For an extra 3 pts, the Bioship buys an extra acton every turn, improves its defence slightly, and buys Crit and Aux shenanigans.
Bioship wins so far...
That said... The B'Cruiser has more crew slots for further upgrades...
Bioship can only take the 1 crew from the Flagship.

Any other number of comparisons are possible... I'm trying to compare sensible "like-for-like" scenarios.

A flagship'd Bioship with Lore can use two crew, and while doing so, has faction purity maintained, with the extra bonus of I don't care your rules, I get any faction's Elite Talent I want.

So it can in theory, have Defense condition 1, A very scary once more unto the breach, cheat death or even conditional surrender (shrouds) and that new crew that prevents a discard and costs 1.

Lore is a very very good bioship captain, being a non biological entity and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Phillips
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
So if you put on the vulcan high command talent on to him, thats a lot of extra crew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cminion wrote:
So if you put on the vulcan high command talent on to him, thats a lot of extra crew

Vulcan High Command requires a Vulcan Captain on a Vulcan Ship. I don't think Lore can take it, regardless of his ability.

Edit: Unless of course, that's exactly what Lore's text is supposed to overcome. Maybe I've missed a ruling? My thinking here was that Lore could ignore the "Vulcan Captain" part of the card restriction, but would still be bound by the "Vulcan Ship" part, but now I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knightime32 wrote:
cminion wrote:

Vulcan High Command requires a Vulcan Captain on a Vulcan Ship. I don't think Lore can take it, regardless of his ability.

Part of Lore's captain ability is that he ignores any faction restriction text on elite talents and pays no faction penalty for using them.

I take to mean that he can use talents like Klingon honour and Vulcan high command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiney_Norman wrote:
Knightime32 wrote:
cminion wrote:

Part of Lore's captain ability is that he ignores any faction restriction text on elite talents and pays no faction penalty for using them.

I take to mean that he can use talents like Klingon honour and Vulcan high command.

That would be my guess. He can use literally any elite talent without penalty (except for something that requires drone tokens such as Assimilated Access Codes which he could take....and never use).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Lore on the Original Enterprise with Vulcan High Command could take 7 crew...

Damn.

Make the Enterprise a Flagship (Romulan Independent) to add 1 crew and free BS.

8 Crew cards....

Talk about a stacked away team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas wilson
msg tools
Tibor_C wrote:

B'Cruiser:

This is a Horrible comparison,

+1A CS8 Dukat , This version of Dukat is meh and using an action for plus one attack dice is such a waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is kind of a problem that the Dominion admiral excludes using the one really good captain they've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinKase wrote:

Talk about a stacked away team

Uhura, Troi, Jadzia, Seven, Yar, Kira, Torres, T'Pol...

There's a stacked away team... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.