George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules make The Invasion of the Feynman scenario play faster, so you can die quicker and reset.

The following replaces the paragraph in the Awareness Section that begins with, “Until the whole crew is aware, stay in combat turns.” Now, the player has the choice to go into exploration turns at the beginning of any turn where hostiles are not on the map.

Until aware, only one group of crew members may move each turn; they can’t use anything but walking movement during combat turns, no one can arm themselves(except with what they already have), and the duty crew can’t leave their posts(the room they are in). Aware crew can do whatever they want.

During exploration turns, the following additional rules apply until the whole crew is aware.

1. In the orbit phase, a deployment action uses the walking movement allowance rather than the jogging movement allowance.

2. Surprise has an additional +2 drm when checked during the discovery procedure required for entering unexplored spaces. (The crew being unaware and untrained are not carefully entering rooms like Marines would.)

3. When checking for ambush in the Discovery Phase, roll one die. If the result is a 4-6, conduct an ambush in a random human occupied space as per the scenario rules.

I have played a couple games with it. It tilts the game a little in favor of the player by having potentially less ambushes; but when they happen, your party is in a potentially worse position. However, the feel remains the same, completely hopeless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a great modification. As I'm sure you're aware, the original mechanic attempts to force the player to walk his crew around to get them killed in sight of someone else and thus start the real meat of the game. This accomplishes the same goal and is faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sofge wrote:
I think this is a great modification. As I'm sure you're aware, the original mechanic attempts to force the player to walk his crew around to get them killed in sight of someone else and thus start the real meat of the game. This accomplishes the same goal and is faster.

Thanks, Neal. That part of this scenario staying in combat turns just made the game a little less cinematic than original scenario which jumps brilliantly from climatic point to climatic point. I just wanted to get this one to flow the same way without messing up the original intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.