Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi!

I´m getting ready for the Sentinels Challenge (a bit late, I know) over at the 1 Player Guild. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1183829/sentinels-multiverse...

Matriarch is flipped has her Avian Majesty side up, and I kill a fowl. Do I have to destroy an ongoing or equiompment, and then take 1 damage if I can not (because I don´t have any) or can I choose to take the damage instead of destroying my equipment?

Thanks for the help!

- Kasper!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a choice, do one or the other.
If you have no Equipment/Ongoings you must 'choose' to take the damage.
If you have Equipment/Ongoings choose if you want to destroy one OR take the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply!

I was told in the challenge thread, that I can not choose between taking damage or destroying an equipment. If I have an equipment/ongoing I have to destroy that first.

That also makes the most sense to me as the Matriarch is supposed to be a superhard level 4 villian.

If I can choose to take the damage instead of sacrifice equipment, that would make her way easier as I could just play a "you take 1 less damage"-ongoing and that hero would just tank her, the whole game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Watson
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. That is correct.
Matriarch is a villain who kills the hero with death by a thousand tiny cuts. Any form or DR or reducing her damage reduces the threat she poses significantly. At least until Munnin comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Da Senzai wrote:
I was told in the challenge thread, that I can not choose between taking damage or destroying an equipment. If I have an equipment/ongoing I have to destroy that first.

I can only say that the challenge thread is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fair .

Also, then I think that I will just pretend, that I have the option to run in front my equipment, so I get cut instead of my precious Omni-Canon... Or that I can hide behind it, so it gets destroyed instead of me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.