Tim Bankich
United States
Fort Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Prost!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked around a bit and read the rule book and maybe I'm missing something but, is frostbite incurable or does medicine take the same effect on that as it would a wound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think medicine can take it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Spankich wrote:
I have looked around a bit and read the rule book and maybe I'm missing something but, is frostbite incurable or does medicine take the same effect on that as it would a wound?

Medicine does not discriminate between a normal wound and a frostbite. If you have one medicine and a choice between frostbite or a normal wound to cure, always go with the Frostbite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the rulebook says that Frostbite is treated as a normal wound for determining if a survivor dies, and for treating wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
IIRC the rulebook says that Frostbite is treated as a normal wound for determining if a survivor dies, and for treating wounds.

It does but not in so many words.

Dead of Winter Rulebook: Page 11 wrote:
Frostbite: The survivor receives 1 frostbite wound token. This is considered a wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:
[q="jgilmour"]IIRC the rulebook says that Frostbite is treated as a normal wound for determining if a survivor dies, and for treating wounds.

It does but not in so many words.

wrote:
Dead of Winter Rulebook: Page 11 - Frostbite: The survivor receives 1 frostbite wound token. This is considered a wound.

I'm level 10 in obfuscation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding frostbite...

Rulebook in Rolling for Exposure section wrote:
Frostbite: ...At the beginning of each of your turns, each survivor you control that has 1 or more frostbite wound tokens on it receives an additional wound token.

I can only find the above reference to when frostbite happens. You might want to put that in the individual Player Turns section of the rules as a reminder, and on future versions of Player Reference Sheets near the Player Turn Actions or near the Remember the Crossroads card area (which is also at the beginning of a player's turn).

So someone is bound to ask, during your turn, which comes first, Frostbite damage or Crossroads card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Another question regarding frostbite...

Rulebook in Rolling for Exposure section wrote:
Frostbite: ...At the beginning of each of your turns, each survivor you control that has 1 or more frostbite wound tokens on it receives an additional wound token.

I can only find the above reference to when frostbite happens. You might want to put that in the individual Player Turns section of the rules as a reminder, and on future versions of Player Reference Sheets near the Player Turn Actions or near the Remember the Crossroads card area (which is also at the beginning of a player's turn).

So someone is bound to ask, during your turn, which comes first, Frostbite damage or Crossroads card?

Duly noted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.