Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

I'm making inroads to develop a game that is looking increasingly like a mashup of Pit and Steam. In one phase you rapidly swap discs to build up a good set of actions, in other other you use those actions to build hex routes and move along them to get VP.

I only bought Steam after I'd conceived it and reading the rules for it, it's got a quite a few similarities I've been interested to discover, and I was after suggestions of other games I'm not yet familiar with which might help improve my design:

- Route building
- Swapping resources (in a non turn based manner)
- Travelling along routes

I've also recently picked up Keyflower which, given the hex / route / resource management parts of it are very helpful to think about too.

I'm not necessarily looking for train games, indeed whilst I think my design could be deemed "a train game" it isn't themed around any form of vehicle in any way, it's about plants growing.

So any games that you know have interesting mechanisms in this ball park would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Empire Builder is worth looking at as it uses grease markers to lay rails and is a good pickup and delivery game. It also features event cards which impact play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
NevoGamer wrote:
Empire Builder is worth looking at as it uses grease markers to lay rails and is a good pickup and delivery game. It also features event cards which impact play.
Oh nice, not one I'd look at, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.