Subject: Market Demands 3 generations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Daw
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
If I'm reading case d correctly, if 3 generations are in play at the end of the taxes, the oldest generation is removed from the board, dice and cards. The next generation has all of its dice restored to the max. Why would the 2nd generation get its dice back?

It would have lost one when the 3rd generation got started. I find it counter intuitive that more demand would come back just because an older model went obsolete.

Am I reading the rules correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always assumed that the customer needed a lokomotive, but they don't need the top of the line model, just one good enough to get by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Daw
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks for the thought.

I guess it fits, the oldest are no longer available, so there is a rush of the middle from all of those who would have bought the oldest if it was still available and are forced to upgrade their choice a bit.

Played it yesterday for the first time and really botched some of the rules. Looking forward to another go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawgamer wrote:
If I'm reading case d correctly, if 3 generations are in play at the end of the taxes, the oldest generation is removed from the board, dice and cards. The next generation has all of its dice restored to the max. Why would the 2nd generation get its dice back?

It would have lost one when the 3rd generation got started.

Why? The only thing that can happen when you start a new generation is removal of remaining buyable factories for the now-obsolete 2-generations-back-of-same type, activating initial orders, and rolling an initial order for the next, newly available loco type.

Quote:
I find it counter intuitive that more demand would come back just because an older model went obsolete.

Am I reading the rules correctly?

It's a way of putting a little brake on the train rush and avoiding the situation where the slow ramp-up for a model wasn't fast enough to fully populate it before the leading edge moved on. If you like, it's the model benfiting from people who would have bought the now completely obsolete older model.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.