Popular Tags: [View All]
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only card games I have are Coup, LL, Bohnanza, and S&R if you count that. I was thinking of getting more - any recommendations?

Also, is there a way to view the Card Games Rank? When I clicked Love Letter's page, its ranked 8 in Family Games and about 80 in overall board games, but is there any to directly go to the Family Games Rank page or the Card Games Rank page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Family Games sorted by Rank

Games sorted by Rank

You meant that? I think that there isn't Card Games Rank.

Also, for games like Love Letter, check Coup, BraveRats, Eat me if you can. Not quite similar in gameplay, but in lightness and complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
The only card games I have are Coup, LL, Bohnanza, and S&R if you count that. I was thinking of getting more - any recommendations?

Also, is there a way to view the Card Games Rank? When I clicked Love Letter's page, its ranked 8 in Family Games and about 80 in overall board games, but is there any to directly go to the Family Games Rank page or the Card Games Rank page?

What about it do you like?

If you really like the roles and the bluffing element, check out
Mascarade (similar game length; lots of chaos; a bit of a memory element)
Citadels (longer game; tons of bluffing; character roles play a big part of the game. I find this one more strategically satisfying than both Love Letter and Mascarade, as it's more meaty of a game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people said this game fired Love Letter. Council of Verona
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, check out Lost Legacy. It's apparently an official Love Letter spin-off - different cards and a slightly different victory condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like about Love Letter that its small and very portable. The only thing I need to carry is the cards and we dont even have to bring the counters around, so its very light. I want more fun card games that are very lightweight and easy like that. Coup is the only other one I found so far.

Also, how do I go to those rank pages? When I scroll over Browse, it only lets me select Games and gives me the Games Rank. How do I look at the ranks of other categories, like Strategy or Family? Please dont just link me either.

EDIT: Oh, and I was also hoping to avoid more bluffing games since I had so many already. I don't mind hidden role games too much though, as long as there isnt much bluffing and its more strategic or deduction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go!
Elevenses
Hanabi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best choice are "Love Letter to Lady Luck" and "Goita" from Princess Wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronicle (same designer)
Cheaty Mages! (same designer)
Palastgeflüster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
I like about Love Letter that its small and very portable. The only thing I need to carry is the cards and we dont even have to bring the counters around, so its very light. I want more fun card games that are very lightweight and easy like that.

OK, so super-small, portable, lightweight, easy card games...
I can vouch for the following as great games:

Saboteur
The Battle for Hill 218
Hanabi (use of scrabble-tile holders for cards are highly recommended though)
Turn the Tide

Slightly larger footprint but still small
The Dwarf King (will need pencil & paper for scoring)
Biblios (has some dice)
Castle (getting a reprint soon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkchop_tw wrote:
Some people said this game fired Love Letter. Council of Verona

+1 to this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:

Also, how do I go to those rank pages? When I scroll over Browse, it only lets me select Games and gives me the Games Rank. How do I look at the ranks of other categories, like Strategy or Family? Please dont just link me either.

BGG home page -> Hover over interested category, directly above Announcements (e.g. Abstract Games) -> Select "Games" option from drop-down menu = ranked games for that category loads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Archaeology: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Thanks! is quick and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.