Subject: Backing Rate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the backing rate on this game compare with the original Yardmaster?

It looks like most people backed on the first day and then it has slowed. Are there any other promotions planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/crashgames/yardmaster-expre...
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/crashgames/yardmaster-rule-...

Define promotions. If you mean stretch goals, they are listed on the main Kickstarter page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By promotions, i mean such as the main page contests which I'm sure are quite good for advertising and the such
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

Interesting. Looks like the biggest days for backing are the first and last
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
By promotions, i mean such as the main page contests which I'm sure are quite good for advertising and the such

Ah. Not that I have heard of.

Then again, I have not seen too many Kickstarters that both to mention that sort of stuff. The did a contest for Yardmaster, so I wouldn't be surprised if Crash games did another one for Yardmaster Express.

I do know that they have/had paid advertising for the campaign launch because there was an issue with getting the campaign approved on on launch day and there was a reference to advertising that was already out there that the delay could interfere with. The campaign did eventually launch on the planned day, just a few hours later than planed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Today's KS update.

Quote:
Advertising Plans for Yardmaster Express

One of my goals for Crash Games in 2014 was to up my game in respect to advertising. Yardmaster Express is no exception to that. We currently have Banner Ads running on Board Game Geek, a BGG Contest coming that starts on July 10th, "Home Page Takeover" twice on BGG as well as a sponsorship on Kicktraq.com that "skins" their webpage for Yardmaster Express and visitors can lick the large full art add and it will bring them to the Yardmaster Express Kickstarter Page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the assist Brandon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I'm just wondering why anyone (in the US at least) would NOT back this game at this price. Even if it's not your cup of tea, it's so fast and simple, portable, and works for kids. I'm planning to use it to introduce non-gamers to drafting mechanics before I throw them into a game of 7 Wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Richwood
Ohio
flag msg tools
Quote:
...and visitors can lick the large full art add and it will bring them to the Yardmaster Express Kickstarter Page.

I mean, I'm really, really looking forward to this game, but I'm not doing THAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.