Subject: Smaller buildings examples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To make building principles little easier to understand, I submitted few smaller building examples in pdf (I have these at hand when playing)...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104927/tasnia-building...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, stupid that I did not think of it myself.

I have just a doubt about the small tower, why do you affirm that a stone dor and a stone roof are not correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules: A tower peak tile must be placed on top of a stone tile that has no other stone tile on either of its sides

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Interesting, we should find out correct answer to more relating questions...

Question A)

On page 8/9 of the official rulebook there is writen

Tower peaks must be placed on any stone structure or portion of a stone structure that is 1 tile wide and more than 1 tile high.

IMHO, uncompleted structure with only one stone tile with door is 1 tile wide, but it is not more than 1 tile high, so you can place wooden roof on it and make completed 2 tile building combined from stone and wood. Is that correct ?

Question B)

On page 12 of the official rulebook there is comment to an example of larger stone building

Take note that the tower peaks are placed on top of stone tiles that have no other stone tile on either side.

I don't consider this as a rule per se but only comment to allowed tiles combination on stone building. Why ?

1. If this is a strict rule, no building combined from stone and wood would be practically conceivable, not even the building showed on page 11 of the rulebook, because on that building there are also stone tiles which does not have other stone tile on either side (there is wooden roof on top instead). Is it right ?

2. If this is a rule, rule mentioned under Question A part (on page 8/9 of rulebook) would be useless (because all builings including 1 tile wide stone "towers" of only 1 tile high would need tower peek and counting of tiles and high of a buiding would be useless too)

Jason, we need your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I see for the tower, so we can pacifically agree that the minimum requirement for a stone structure is door+tile+roof (either of them).

I think we all agre that this does not apply to wood, because Door+ Window on left or right+ Double tatch is a perfectly legal move.

For what comes to the Tower peaks I always thought that that indication was in the case in wich you were combining the two type of stone topping, with the peak having to be at least one tile higher.

Jason? Are we still on track here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.